Br-ex-ilection 2019

coldel

2 minutes ago, coldel said:

Lets see how it pans out when the WA is done early next year then have to face into what comes next, I really don't think people who voted took any time to read about all the other stuff that they need to deal with over the next 5 years.

Corbyn won it for him, Johnson is still a lying coward

Oh I agree, Corbyn is such a weak option he was never going to rally any sort of opposition. 

For me the big fail was the Lib Dems, with Labour going out left and the Tories properly out right the centre ground was there for the taking yet they never got their message right. At least the despicable Zac Goldsmith got the boot in our constituency.

Summed up this morning by one journalist when discussing the Corbyn election  roadshow, his young enthusiastic supporters only engaged with themselves to the point where they monumentally talked themselves into thinking other people liked Corbyn and forget that there was an electorate to convince.

If it wasn’t so serious that a compulsive liar is now running the show, it’d be a good laugh.  

Lib Dem’s shot themselves in the foot in 2010 and have never recovered, absolute dotards for dismissing the leave vote in England and coming out with ‘we’ll just rescind Brexit’.  

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Corbyn was always a gamble as a leader, he’s as polarising as Boris but one gamble has worked and the other hasn’t. At least now we can get out of the EU then sort out the mess afterwards, then look to build after that. 

Only another 10 years of this to go then ........ ;)

3 hours ago, Ekona said:

Corbyn was always a gamble as a leader, he’s as polarising as Boris but one gamble has worked and the other hasn’t. At least now we can get out of the EU then sort out the mess afterwards, then look to build after that. 

No gamble at all, was saying last few days the guy is unelectable, he was NEVER in a million years going to win that election. Manifesto poorly planned and costed, and himself just a weak looking dithering bang average politician. Does amaze me that we end up in situations like this.

After not seeing anyone of substance in the Labour Party apologise for being so naive, for so many of its MPs losing seats, for getting it wrong, I think I'm actually glad Labour got hammered. 

Boris doesn't have a backbone but at least we knew that from the outset. Corbyn isn't acting very principled now and shame on him. 

On 13/12/2019 at 20:19, ATTAK Z said:

Everything's now changed regarding negotiations because Europe knows we will negotiating from a point of strength. Bring back DD to twist the knife !

Sorted.

So whats Boris going to pull out of the hat then? Hes already ruled out Single Market membership and freedom of movement, hes also ruled out us staying member of the customs union. 

Whether theres a border in England, the Irish Sea or on the land Irish border there still has to be one somewhere and much as he might want to, he cant avoid paying the "divorce bill" as we have legally committed to our contribution. 
Hes not going to find £350m a week as we dont actually pay that much, we cant start talking about a new trade deal until we leave (and its already sounding like the US requirements for any deal will not be compatible with EU requirements anyway) and despite the whole world knowing we cant get this sorted by the end of 2020 hes still telling us we will be out by then. 

So what is he going to get that he didnt have before? 

I think its clear that this country is quite happy to vote in politicians that have systematically failed in their previous roles - because I always see in my company people that fail at their roles getting promoted :lol:

British politics at the moment is very much subject to the Peter Principle, David Davies, half the Tory cabinet and very much Boris Johnson are all case studies to it ;)

1 hour ago, docwra said:

So whats Boris going to pull out of the hat then? Hes already ruled out Single Market membership and freedom of movement, hes also ruled out us staying member of the customs union. 

Whether theres a border in England, the Irish Sea or on the land Irish border there still has to be one somewhere and much as he might want to, he cant avoid paying the "divorce bill" as we have legally committed to our contribution. 
Hes not going to find £350m a week as we dont actually pay that much, we cant start talking about a new trade deal until we leave (and its already sounding like the US requirements for any deal will not be compatible with EU requirements anyway) and despite the whole world knowing we cant get this sorted by the end of 2020 hes still telling us we will be out by then. 

So what is he going to get that he didnt have before? 

It doesn't matter what he actually achieves, if he gets something done it'll be down to his Churchillian splendour and if he doesn't it'll be down to the Remaniacst. It doesn't matter that it doesn't stand up to scrutiny, the more rabid the leaver, the less likely they are to care about reality. We're into a whole new paradigm now, where what you say and do today, has no bearing on what you can say and do tomorrow, and no amount evidence can refute that position. Trump has been trialling this way of doing business and it seems the majority of people don't have a problem with it, could be Brexit, could be selling the NHS, could be the new nurses or coppers.

Sorry Hugh but DD was and still is one of the all time terrible politicians. To campaign for Brexit, promise the world, fail so miserably in negotiations because he couldn't understand why he couldn't retain parity on exit from the EU and quit in a strop - the guy is a gold class case study to the monumental failure of this country to produce decent leadership over the last 10 years.