Motor Legal Cover

Umster

So in the office today one of the ladies was cheesed off about having to pay approx £100 extra on her insurance policy for windscreen, breakdown, motor legal etc. 

Conversation rolls on and someone chirps on about free motor legal cover. Showed us the site and said he'd signed up and was fully behind the idea. 

Just wanted to throw it out there and get people's opinions and see if anyone else on the forum has gone down this route? 

https://www.freemotorlegal.co.uk/how-it-works/

So are they make their margin from the person at fault’s insurance company, not from the policy holder?

If so, I don’t have much love generally for claims management companies (motoring or otherwise), profiteering is rife when it comes to the bill for assigned blame. It’s a lazy assumption by me, but I can’t see them doing anything other than ballooning the value of claims to make their end. I don’t know exactly when we stopped expecting the insurer to sort out insurance claims...

I am always concerned when someone offers something for free, very very concerned. 

Feel sorry for the poor lady tbh, the office probably left her more confused than when we started. Got even funnier when we had to convince her that the breakdown cover from your bank account is probably worthwhile (if you get the whole insurance malarkey included in the monthly fee). 

• 1 month later...

Motor Legal Cover is a bit of red herring anyway as the majority of insurers will cough up uninsured losses as long as you're not at fault, if you're at fault MLA won't cover uninsured losses anyway. Many people don't actually understand MLA and what it covers. 

It's primary purpose is to claim back losses not covered by the Third party insurer, IE policy excess and loss of earnings etc

I discussed motor legal cover with eSure asking about their clause where they reserve the right to not to provide legal cover for incidents where they think they may lose.

Basically they said that was correct.

If they feel the case is difficult and they may lose......they won't provide any legal assistance:wacko:.

Another thing people often don't realize is legal cover will not fight liability for you following a dispute of who was at fault etc. E Sure are not mistaken in their comment to you, however it's misleading. 

I worked in the motor insurance industry for 7 years and put it this way, I don't/won't pay for legal cover.