Products for Windshield and Glass beading

GranTurismoEra

Plenty. In fact, if anything, you’ve got too much choice.

There are easier to use but less durable options such as GTechniq G5, PIAA, Car Chem Glass Sealant and the absolutely terrible Rain-X. Don’t go for Rain-X!

Then you’ve got the more expensive, more involved coatings that last much longer such as GTechniq G1 and Gyeon View.

Theres a very specific reason that I’ve named the ones that I have, take your pick. And do NOT choose Rain-X!!!

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, LRF4N said:

I ordered the G1/G2/G4 kit. First time venturing into the coating game 

Easy enough to use in this cold weather?

It's a top product but in these temps it'll take a while longer to cure. I was told its best to do one round, leave for 24 hours and do a second round. 

Definitely worth the money. 

That^^^.

If you can warm up the screen with the heaters first it should make it a bit easier, or if you've got the ability to force cure (apply heat to) it - even standing there with hair drier for a bit would help.

I have appied it in ~9-10 degress, leaving to cure for 2-3 hours between rounds without issues. The colder it is, the longer it'll take to fully cure though.

On 04/11/2019 at 08:53, SuperStu said:

Never RainX

This is good in my experience 

https://waxandshine.co.uk/shop?keywords=Glass&olsPage=products%2Fg1-clearvision-smart-glass

I’d like to try this one next 

https://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/gyeon-q2-view

As you know I'm a big fan of Gyeon, but I actually prefer View to G1. You won't be disappointed.

Not that G1 is not a tremoundous product of course, they just work in slightly different ways.

It's not too difficult to remove with G2 in fairness; you'll probably run out of G2 before you run out of G1 (although you should have enough to do one full application).

If you do run out of G2 then G6 is quite a good replacement for removal, or IPA if you already have that to hand.

Just make sure you've removed any streaks before applying the next layer! It's a bitch when you seal it in between coats. :lol:

• Like 1