EcuTek Remap

Dave6188

So finally bit the bullet and took my 7AT 2015 370z in for an EcuTek remap, car has only done 17k miles. Mods are Cobra catback exhaust, K&N drop in filters and ISR post maf tubes, car was serviced 1 week before the map using Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5-30w fully synthetic with a genuine Nissan oil filter and magnetic Gold Plug. 

Map settings: 

1. 99Ron

2. 99Ron + adjustable traction control 

3. 97Ron

4. Valet Mode (limited to 3k revs)

Engine goes into limp mode now if oil temp hits 140 degrees Celsius which is a nice feature. Top speed limiter and throttle restrictions are gone now.

As you can see by the graph it gained 31bhp peak power and 28ftlb of torque, difference is night and day in terms of power throughout the entire rev range, car feels pretty savage now it's just so much quicker off the throttle.

Adjustable traction control is so much better, instead of completely cutting power like the stock Nissan traction control it feels like it modulates the power so it puts more usable power onto the tarmac, all controlled and adjusted through the oil temperature gauge.

FB_IMG_1572534121132.jpg

Edited by Dave6188
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

That sound impressive.

That's good for an N/ A car.

I am considering buying a Z myself now.

I am toying between an auto and manual??

Have you driven both what's your thoughts.

If you don't mind me asking who did the tuning for you. Was it a job lot for exhaust, filter and remap? What was the price?

Thanks

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stratts said:

That sound impressive.

That's good for an N/ A car.

I am considering buying a Z myself now.

I am toying between an auto and manual??

Have you driven both what's your thoughts.

If you don't mind me asking who did the tuning for you. Was it a job lot for exhaust, filter and remap? What was the price?

Thanks

Yes I have driven both, I reckon it's all down to personal preference and what you use the car for, I use my car for daily driving and road trips and find the auto box an absolute joy to live with even driving hard you can just flick it to manual mode and use either the paddles or gearknob for sequential shifts and you have full control. 7 speed means fuel economy is a bit better aswell, I visit family in Scotland now and again and average 37mpg over the 300 mile journey.

Never really liked the manual box, long, clunky shifts and quite noisy aswell. CSC on them are notorious for failing, not the best gearbox and clutch mechanism in my opinion.

Exhaust was £1100 but fitted by the previous owner.

Filters were £100.

Post maf tubes were £100.

EcuTek map £600.

RS Tuning in Leeds mapped the car on what they call the heartbreaker dyno, dyno dynamics dynos are well known for putting out low figures, didn't bother me in the slightest though, I just wanted the gap between the baseline figure and tuned figure to be as large as possible. Paul has a seriously good reputation aswell which counts for everything in my opinion.

More power could have been had with high flow cats or de-cats but because it's my daily driver I don't want it to be stupidly loud or start sounding raspy so I stuck with the stock cats. Sounds beautiful as is so I'm happy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Nice one 

I love the adjustable traction 

It works great on mine even with the extra power it just feeds it in smooth 

Definitely makes a huge difference, just feels more modulated as opposed to a full on cut, launching off the line now is so much quicker, I set it to 110 on the oil temp gauge so mid way and it feeds the power in so nicely, digs and just goes.