370z Replacement in testing at the 'Ring

350Butcher

Every time I see a thread with this title the very next post is someone saying "it's all rubbish, it'll never happen!"

Well here is some actual evidence that would suggest otherwise.................I think a manual, front engine, rear drive and engaging to drive car has become more in demand these days as the ever growing reality of dull, characterless electric car future seems ever closer!

https://www.evo.co.uk/nissan/370z/201879/nissan-370z-replacement-spied-testing?_mout=1&utm_campaign=evo_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

image.png.2a81158d1a1184822c202f12576b6772.png

Edited by 350Butcher

17 minutes ago, Lee370Z said:

I hope that the next one will be twin turbo like the previous 300ZX. B)

Well Nissan do have a 3.8 ltr twin turbo engine that complies with all the emission regs! 

Detuned and mated to a manual ‘box and rear drive could be very nice indeed...............no need to go to nasty German turbo engines to make it happen 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 350Butcher said:

Every time I see a thread with this title the very next post is someone saying "it's all rubbish, it'll never happen!"

Well here is some actual evidence that would suggest otherwise.................

As mentioned in one (or more) of the other threads, it’s “evidence” of nothing at all.

Its speculation based on the sighting of a 370Z with holes cut in the bumper being driven around the ‘ring and a some vague comments made by someone put on the spot.

Yup!!! Not seen a new chassis old shell test mule for a while. Didn't even use the facelift model either lol would make no sense for Nissan to test a 10yr old Z34. Great to see Nissan testing the Z35 though. To be heard in person and turbos boosting would be cool.

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-japanesecars/new-nissan-370z-finally-in-development/41207

Edited by davey_83

12 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

As mentioned in one (or more) of the other threads, it’s “evidence” of nothing at all.

Its speculation based on the sighting of a 370Z with holes cut in the bumper being driven around the ‘ring and a some vague comments made by someone put on the spot.

I will agree in the past that articles just written about a replacement for the 370 have been exactly that.

But as far as I’m aware this is the first being there had been any sighting of Nissan our testing new chassis, drivetrain or are you suggesting Nissan are just driving a 370z around the ‘Ring for some other reason? 

2 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

I wish it was true but I cant help think it's just a dude on a track day with rubbish ideas of matt black and orange looking cool 

That would be amusing if it was just some bloke on a TF that had just been photographed and started all these articles for nothing! 

6 minutes ago, 350Butcher said:

I will agree in the past that articles just written about a replacement for the 370 have been exactly that.

But as far as I’m aware this is the first being there had been any sighting of Nissan our testing new chassis, drivetrain or are you suggesting Nissan are just driving a 370z around the ‘Ring for some other reason? 

There’s been a spate of threads on these very photographs recently and the unrelated-but-still-given-as-evidence quotes.

Who’s to say what (or if) Nissan are testing? Yes, it could be a new Z with an old 370Z body on it. It could be testing a new engine in... an old model 370Z for whatever reason. It could be a completely unrelated component or a stress test for a problematic component. It could even just be a guy driving his 370Z round in circles...

4 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

There’s been a spate of threads on these very photographs recently and the unrelated-but-still-given-as-evidence quotes.

Who’s to say what (or if) Nissan are testing? Yes, it could be a new Z with an old 370Z body on it. It could be testing a new engine in... an old model 370Z for whatever reason. It could be a completely unrelated component or a stress test for a problematic component. It could even just be a guy driving his 370Z round in circles...

The Z34 platform would be a strange platform to test a “problematic component” etc I would’ve thought, if it’s in relation to the 370z then I think after 10years and at the end of its life they wouldn’t spend a penny on its development or to fix anything. 
Testing a new engine is a rwd car seem odd too, given it’s the only rwd car Nissan have and if it’s being discontinued then I would’ve though they’d use something else that’s in their future line up for data gathering. 

But maybe you’re right...............who knows! 

Given demand for the new Supra why wouldn’t Nissan want a piece of that

• Like 1

On 31/10/2019 at 19:25, nissanman312 said:

I wish it was true but I cant help think it's just a dude on a track day with rubbish ideas of matt black and orange looking cool 

Whatever do you mean its probably a special 370z edition model they are offering, after the last poor anniversary edition, drilling holes in the front makes it a little more hardcore, although Zedmanalex did this at least 10 years ago, so there is nothing new under the rising sun (see what I did there!) :lol:

Whatever they do it will no doubt be based on the current Duke styling elongated and some weird vents installed, but really an infiniti q60 coupe with a zed style dress?

What I always liked about infiniti was the hybrid electric power models weren't there to save baby rabbits from pollution but to boost the power! 

might be a guy on a track day. It may even be a guy with twin turbo or engine swap. It could be a test driver comparing the old to a new car like the supra. It may also be a cynical marketing ploy to get people talking about a 10 year old forgotten car

Edited by GranTurismoEra