Would you risk buying a derv in 2019

nissanman312

So we are looking for a new daily for my other half 

She realy likes the civic 9th gen 2012 onwards and that's all her budget stretches to 

We took a test drive in the 1.8 petrol and lovely as it was it was fairly flat 

We then drove the 1.6 diesel which had a little punch to it she preferred the derv 

The 1.6 diesel is £0 road tax but I'm not sure if i want to risk going derv in this day and age.

She dosnt do big miles around 30/40  a day in fact at the moment so the miles dont realy warrant derv but she wanted somthing that will pull the skin off a rice pudding and the petrol just dosnt 

Any thoughts on the diesel in 2019 ?

10 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Civics are popular. 7 years and only issue i had was with the EP2 brake caliper ceasing on 170,000 miler. The FN shape was mainly the harsh ride. I didnt like the styling on the FK. I actually wanted the 2.2 diesel. Never got round to getting a Type R. 

Yeah I have had a lot of hondas and had zero hassle with them 

I think we will get her the 1.6 derv and see how it pans out :shrug:

I do like the wife`s 1.7 diesel Mokka. Plenty of punch and very cheap to run but if we ever change it I don`t think we would consider another diesel. Now that they`ve decided they`re bad I expect they will start penalizing us for having them. I heard on the radio the other day that one city (might have been Bristol but I can`t remember) is thinking of banning them from the city centre. 

39 minutes ago, Wayne370Z said:

I do like the wife`s 1.7 diesel Mokka. Plenty of punch and very cheap to run but if we ever change it I don`t think we would consider another diesel. Now that they`ve decided they`re bad I expect they will start penalizing us for having them. I heard on the radio the other day that one city (might have been Bristol but I can`t remember) is thinking of banning them from the city centre. 

Birmingham is definitely doing somthing next year 

I think it's some sort of city tax going on the tax band of the car 

So I would imagine driving the z into Birmingham would be an issue aswell

16 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

Birmingham is definitely doing somthing next year 

I think it's some sort of city tax going on the tax band of the car 

So I would imagine driving the z into Birmingham would be an issue aswell

I think Glasgow is doing something similar in 2021,banning Diesel cars older than 15 plate from city centre,however I have a son who works in car sales and says they are still selling loads of second hand diesels !