Hello from Northumberland

Hi guys (and gals),

a little late to this particular party - I joined N-Sportz a few weeks ago, and have been busy picking people's brains there, but on searching around, I've found you guys as well! Which is awesome!

Just like the chap a bit further down the page, I too have just entered the world of Z with an impulse purchase, in much the same way as I'm sure many of us have!

I've never had a performance car of any kind - a couple of quick-ish cars in my youth (Renault 5 GT Turbo, and Dutton Phaeton kit car), but nothing properly fast! The 'loud' pedal is quite addictive isn't it?!

Bought an 11 plate Roadster (ever since the Phaeton, I've always driven rag-tops - with the last 21 years in 3 Saabs of various specs). It looks like it was someone's weekend toy, as it had less than 20,000 miles on it when I picked it up.

Speaking of the 'loud' pedal, it isn't really that loud, and certainly doesn't announce itself in the way I think it should - so HFC's get fitted next week, and then, with a little help from my lad, we'll fit an Invidia Gemini CB ourselves.

I do feel though, like I may have just jumped into the 'deep end' before I can even swim! It has been mentioned that the combination of HFCs and Gemini 'may' be a touch loud! We shall see! :teeth:

Anyone else from the North East?

Cheers,

Phil

Hello and welcome :thumbs:

I've got HFC's on my Roadster and a custom exhaust and it is loud! So I think that you will be very happy with your upgrades. B)

They are pretty quiet as standard that is for sure. 

Have you got any pics for us please? :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lee370Z said:

Hello and welcome :thumbs:

I've got HFC's on my Roadster and a custom exhaust and it is loud! So I think that you will be very happy with your upgrades. B)

They are pretty quiet as standard that is for sure. 

Have you got any pics for us please? :D

Well that'll please the neighbours when I head off to work at 04:00am! :D

I haven't got many pics at the moment - just a handful.....

Did I mention we're a two 'Z' family? My elder lad has just started to drive (a year now), and has a 'Z' too!

CRZ-3398.jpg.568ee6c3e34929adb9c32bc3175f21c6.jpg

CRZ-3399-2.jpg.7b928c2909500e24fcce4bbc81150562.jpg

CRZ-3405.jpg.2a83f68b91e68d4ea746db07a0c2a73b.jpg

...a CR-'Z'! :D

• Like 2

17 hours ago, The Dreamer said:

Did I mention we're a two 'Z' family? My elder lad has just started to drive (a year now), and has a 'Z' too!

A lovely looking Z you have there! B) :thumbs:

Thanks for the pics. :)

Great to hear that there is another Z in the family. Enjoy! :D

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I’m busy browsing through the forum(s), looking for tidbits of info - so haven’t just signed up and then disappeared!

As for HFCs, my understanding is that they allow the car to breathe a little easier, though any power gains would be quite modest without a remap. I believe drop-in air filters should be a part of that equation too.

I’ll start a thread to keep a record of what is being done to the car, it’ll be very modest compared to many, but some of it may be of interest, or help others.

First step is to find a permanent live to tap into inside the cabin - looking around briefly, it seems the fuse box feed goes to sleep after a while - which isn’t very helpful!

On 31/10/2019 at 15:24, NEroadster said:

Hi and welcome along.

I'm also Northumberland (Cramlington) Will look out for you.

Car looks great by the way!

Thanks NE,

we’re in the Hexham area, so my usual jaunt is up and down the A69, and surrounding feeder roads.

There used to be a 350Z coupe in the centre of Hexham, but haven’t seen it for a few months now. We seem to be a rare breed up here!