Can it finally be true.......

neo

4 hours ago, coldel said:

Once one jumps on the rumour mill, I guess they all do!

Its not a rumour. Alfonso Albaisa is the Vice President of Design for Nissan Global. Hes not allowed to confirm or deny. But what he says holds some value as in the Z hasnt been forgotten and they are seeking replacements. Just about which media outlet he spoke to originally and if it can be verified. They usually conduct interviews at the shows anyway

Edited by GranTurismoEra

For one, it states he was speaking at the Tokyo Motorshow in the article.

However, as that article was published yesterday and the Tokyo Motorshow didn't open until today, he was either "speaking at the Tokyo Motorshow tomorrow". Or was last year (or the year before that...)

Also, all he says is that it's "easy to imagine" that designers are working on it. It's a bloody long stretch to seeking to replace it with another Z car.

• 2 months later...

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/01/16/next-gen-nissan-z-car/

Nissan have been showing off ideas for their next Z to their dealers.  I think we can work on the assumption of a similar size/shape car, with the 3.0 twin-turbo VR30DDTT driving through either the current six-speed gearbox or the nine-speed auto it uses in the Infiniti Q50/60 Red Sport 400.  Looks are apparently likely to hark back to both the original 240Z and the Z32 300ZX.

Who here would be tempted to buy a 'Z35'?  Any hopes/fears for the new car?

1 hour ago, Samoht said:

Any hopes/fears for the new car?

I hope Nissan actually formally announce something... or anything; because despite all official, quoted and credited sources saying a Z car isn't in the pipeline, isn't even a consideration and certainly isn't being funded in any way, shape or form I fear that these ridiculous rumours will continue to be spouted as fact every 2 months for the next 5 years, just as they have been for the last 5.

Illustration by someone with no association with Nissan (in fact he runs a blog where he just makes up lots of future car designs with no actual basis on anything) - just another article saying nothing more than what other rumour mill articles have said so far from what I can see?

Edited by coldel

• 4 months later...