Nice Spec rant!!

davey_83

Rant alert

Generally speaking I think members on the Z forum are of a more mature nature and will remember a time when cars had 'options' from factory. It absolutely annoys the **** out of me when people refer to options and spec. spec to me always meant tuning not ticking options. 

While we're here, we hear kids go on about tuning and all their language consists of is my car is stage 1,2, 2.5, 3, 4, 4.5 blah blah. And truth be told they've never end held a set of cams let alone know anything and tuning. I grew up when engine tuning meant intake, exhaust, cams, pulleys, headers, injectors, hp comp pistons, valves, springs, crack scraper. Not software and downpipes ffs.

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Rant alert

Generally speaking I think members on the Z forum are of a more mature nature and will remember a time when cars had 'options' from factory. It absolutely annoys the **** out of me when people refer to options and spec. spec to me always meant tuning not ticking options. 

While we're here, we hear kids go on about tuning and all their language consists of is my car is stage 1,2, 2.5, 3, 4, 4.5 blah blah. And truth be told they've never end held a set of cams let alone know anything and tuning. I grew up when engine tuning meant intake, exhaust, cams, pulleys, headers, injectors, hp comp pistons, valves, springs, crack scraper. Not software and downpipes ffs.

I guess if you can't beat em......

That's why I have purchased a classic Datsun.

• Like 1