If you replacing your 350z, what would you get next?

shueb.c

On 29/10/2019 at 09:09, skate2create said:

The boring person in me says something comfortable and practical, as the roads where I live are absolutely dire and the wife hates the Z because it's too low and too noisy (it really isn't)...

...but the kid in me lusts for another Fiat Coupe 20V turbo, the noise from the 5 Cylinder and the wooosh coming off the the throttle is something else.  Although it's comfortably less powerful than my current Z, the power just seemed more raw and somehow faster?! Meh!

If its lighter and more nimble it will give it a better more real feeling. Also the lower displacement engine would probably be louder in stock form being older

On 29/10/2019 at 12:34, Ekona said:

A lot of people feel that their next car has to be an upgrade in some way: faster, more powerful, more exclusive etc. Sometimes all you need is something different, and that’s enough. 

I went from a VXR220 to the 350Z, by the book that’s a step down but I just wanted something I’d never tried before. I went from the 911 to the 645, again a step down but it was so different it was brilliant. Now I’m in an MX5 NC and it might just be the second best car I’ve ever owned, behind the Porker. 

any opinions on the ND MX5? Especially the newer 184 hp ones

On 03/11/2019 at 08:39, GranTurismoEra said:

If its lighter and more nimble it will give it a better more real feeling. Also the lower displacement engine would probably be louder in stock form being older

I don't think there was much in it weight wise and all that power through the front wheels... but the noise. yum! Much nicer than the VAG 5 Cyl engines that's for sure ;)

After my Zed went I bought a e46 m3, had it a few months and swapped it for a R33 Skyline GTst, liked the beamer but never fell in love with it, my R33 however is a different story. Absolutely love the way it puts out its power and personally I think it's one of best looking cars nissan has produced and has that feel of exclusivity, which I like in my cars. However if I had 12k laying around I'd bite scobie's hand off and buy his charged 350z green monster for sure.

• Like 1

On 03/11/2019 at 19:13, Ekona said:

It’s sexy, but I’ve never driven one. I’d love to though!

Theres a porsche owner on my instagram that drives a GTS Cayman and raves about his mates ND. SlawterCH on Youtube, if you like Switzerland and POV videos. Definitely one for the future. 

On 05/11/2019 at 16:44, Irn Bru said:

After my Zed went I bought a e46 m3, had it a few months and swapped it for a R33 Skyline GTst, liked the beamer but never fell in love with it, my R33 however is a different story. Absolutely love the way it puts out its power and personally I think it's one of best looking cars nissan has produced and has that feel of exclusivity, which I like in my cars. However if I had 12k laying around I'd bite scobie's hand off and buy his charged 350z green monster for sure.

I also liked my R33 but with rust appearing in places decided best move it on and let someone else deal with it! Very pretty car, great sound, serious grunt from the straight 6.

I bought a Celica GT4 ST205 and what a car! 4 years of ownership, great looking thing, permanent four wheel drive which just dealt with winters no problems, and 300bhp to lay down to get you moving when you needed it - a very underrated car.

That said the VX220T...absolutely brutally fast and corners on rails whilst feels like you are in an F1 car...tops all my other cars to date!

Edited by coldel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, coldel said:

I also liked my R33 but with rust appearing in places decided best move it on and let someone else deal with it! Very pretty car, great sound, serious grunt from the straight 6.

I bought a Celica GT4 ST205 and what a car! 4 years of ownership, great looking thing, permanent four wheel drive which just dealt with winters no problems, and 300bhp to lay down to get you moving when you needed it - a very underrated car.

That said the VX220T...absolutely brutally fast and corners on rails whilst feels like you are in an F1 car...tops all my other cars to date!

Yours was a stunning example of the GT4 mate, gorgeous looking cars and well capable 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You're right, considering its a tad further away also for perspective. In isolation the mk2 TT appears rather small, however side by side with the 350z its a different story. Also the cabin of the TT feels a lot smaller than the 350z.

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, coldel said:

Have to say I love the open top driving, had the roof off mine last weekend and it was about 6 degrees!

I always drive my 370Z roof down and I love it as well. I don't mind it at around 6 degrees but I will admit that at around 2 degrees it does feel a bit cold. I never wear a coat when driving though(always found it a bit uncomfortable for some reason) but I think if I did I would be fine for sure. 

Looking forward to the warmer weather now though for certain. :thumbs:

1 hour ago, Lee370Z said:

I always drive my 370Z roof down and I love it as well. I don't mind it at around 6 degrees but I will admit that at around 2 degrees it does feel a bit cold. I never wear a coat when driving though(always found it a bit uncomfortable for some reason) but I think if I did I would be fine for sure. 

Looking forward to the warmer weather now though for certain. :thumbs:

My car doesn't have a heater ;)

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

if I am going to be getting anything it will be a C8 Z06 . . . especially if it looks like this . . .

Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06.jpg

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/03/is-this-what-the-2021-chevrolet-corvette-z06-will-look-like/

I really can't get used to how the C8 looks. I think it's partly because Corvettes just shouldn't be mid-engined :p

31 minutes ago, coldel said:

I have the full kit, neck scarf, driving gloves, hat, thermal layers!

:thumbs:

I did think of you when I was out in mine today. It was between 4 and 5 degrees when I was out but I had the heated seat on and the heater on 30 degrees! 

Roll on the warmer weather I say! :D

5 minutes ago, Lee370Z said:

:thumbs:

I did think of you when I was out in mine today. It was between 4 and 5 degrees when I was out but I had the heated seat on and the heater on 30 degrees! 

Roll on the warmer weather I say! :D

I look a bit like this :ninja:

• Haha 1