If you replacing your 350z, what would you get next?

shueb.c

2 hours ago, davey_83 said:

That's the problem with the 350z, to move away you need to spend at least twice as much to go little bit faster, to handle a little bit better, ending up something not a rare, all for the pleasure of larger service bills and will it sound as good as the VQ?....... :shrug:

I think a clean tidy 350z still looks good on the road as there's only one newer model after it, unlike the M3, Boxster or Cayman. 

I've been looking at R8's, v8 models, recently when ebay trawling whilst bored as a possible zed replacement but like you say much higher running costs and only bit more power than a S/C zed of which I have all the parts ready to fit to mine, I love my 350z but an R8 would be a very worthy replacement! :wub:

TVR Tuscan - what a car :teeth:

Maserati Granturismo - 2+2 but GT not sports car :surrender:

996 4S porker - really nice car particularly if you can find ims upgraded :bang:

Lotus Elise - great drive but can you live with no creature comforts :scare:

Aston Vantage - may stretch budget a little, great value and in General very well looked after. And it's an AM B)

For me it's maserati next as need 4 seats for kids and it scratches that V8 itch :drive1

3 hours ago, andybp said:

I agree about wanting a V8 just not an M3 common as muck around here all driven by angry looking blokes with shaved heads :shrug:

Erm I have no hair on top of my head :lol: and my beard does make me look angry sometimes :lol: but V8 I want that noise..... However after speaking to my gorgeous wife, also the voice of reason I am going to wait. I have a fantastic 370Z which I have spent loads of money on, it would be a shame to get rid of it now. Which is true. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

Erm I have no hair on top of my head :lol: and my beard does make me look angry sometimes :lol: but V8 I want that noise..... However after speaking to my gorgeous wife, also the voice of reason I am going to wait. I have a fantastic 370Z which I have spent loads of money on, it would be a shame to get rid of it now. Which is true. 

I would second that my friend. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Looking to also get back in a e92 m3 after the year but with the price of the F80s coming down to not much more than a low mileage e92 my head is starting to turn a little. However the V8 has a grip on me, the sound of it with the 4 pipe mod was incredible.

• Like 2

Westfield Mega S2000.  I had a Caterham hire at Donnington recently and I think I need to have something utterly unpractical in my life sooner or later.  I can take my 370 to Sainsburys and do a reasonable shop.  I want a single carrier bag to be the limit...

...I hate shopping.

• Haha 2

On 18/10/2019 at 22:08, Andy_Muxlow said:

Maybe put a lsx into your zed problem solved :teeth:

• Haha 1

On 18/10/2019 at 20:33, reeceybeaney said:

Lol I'm 21 with a very full set of hair and have just bought a V8 M3 :lol:

Im angry looking with a shaved head and drive a mini! Some vast stereotyping going on here I think! :lol:

My money would be on  Cayman if you only need 2 seats. I didnt think the 350z to 370z was much of a jump.

EDIT: That picture of the mustang next to the 350z, just wow. I knew the mustang looked big, but didnt realise it was so much bigger than a 350z. Makes the 350z look like an old MGB or something.

For 2 seats the Z4M Coupe for me probably as i don't use mine as a daily anymore... but I have always liked it and have been looking around for them recently, or a Cayman perhaps; I had been monitoring 240/260's for a while now as it's an urge that keeps coming back so that's not off the cards either, and depending on the quality of the example, i might either keep standard or transplant what i can from the 350 into it.

If I was going for one car though and I needed seats and at least some practicality - the likes of a C43 or C63 AMG, maybe an M2/M3 (or remapped M235i if on a budget), there are probably a few in this "family businessman with a heavy foot" sort of category.

If your sticking with Nissan, well i guess that narrowed it down at least lol.

its pictures like that which makes me remember how good looking the Zed is for its age and really how much it still holds its own today.

Edit: and even against the mustang its still looks awesome

Edited by Oggieteepo
  • Thanks 1

For 10 to 20k, I'd only look at a 370Z. Pick up a decent 370z for 15k these days and another 5k on mods would be nice. 

The new Audi TTRS is meant to be an absolute beast and has some serious road presence, granted I'd only go for the new shape which probably takes it outside the 20k budget. 

37 minutes ago, Umster said:

For 10 to 20k, I'd only look at a 370Z. Pick up a decent 370z for 15k these days and another 5k on mods would be nice. 

I looked at going this way but found while the interior was nicer, the 370 didnt really drive much better than my modded 350, certainly not £13K better or whatever it was. 

I now know 5 people who gone from a 350 to an *35i BMW and about the same that have gone to Caymans or 911's. Hate to say it but they are all a marked step upward/forward IMO, if youve got a bit more cash an M3 or C63 is probably the obvious move. Not heard a Mustang owner with a bad word to say either :thumbs:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, docwra said:

I looked at going this way but found while the interior was nicer, the 370 didnt really drive much better than my modded 350, certainly not £13K better or whatever it was. 

I now know 5 people who gone from a 350 to an *35i BMW and about the same that have gone to Caymans or 911's. Hate to say it but they are all a marked step upward/forward IMO, if youve got a bit more cash an M3 or C63 is probably the obvious move. Not heard a Mustang owner with a bad word to say either :thumbs:

I can see where you're coming from, hope the OP reads your post and gives it some serious weight. If the budget stretches I could imagine a Cayman or 911 being so much fun.

6 hours ago, rabbitstew said:

Im angry looking with a shaved head and drive a mini! Some vast stereotyping going on here I think! :lol:

My money would be on  Cayman if you only need 2 seats. I didnt think the 350z to 370z was much of a jump.

EDIT: That picture of the mustang next to the 350z, just wow. I knew the mustang looked big, but didnt realise it was so much bigger than a 350z. Makes the 350z look like an old MGB or something.

Haha! How's the mini going for you anyways? I suppose it's kind of bmw so sort of on the right lines ;)

I had a look at a cayman s before the M3, great driving position and a nice "porsche" sound... Just in my case the cayman s I looked at was a bit of a dog or I may have ended up with one! No regrets from the M3 so far... 

If money was no object, I would probably look for a Z4M, if you weren't to do a lot of mileage, as they're really holding/increasing in their values... and a Z4M coupe is probably the car I've enjoyed driving the most, the chassis and engine is just meant to be it's an awesome car and appreciating modern classic :)

On 24/10/2019 at 15:30, reeceybeaney said:

Haha! How's the mini going for you anyways? I suppose it's kind of bmw so sort of on the right lines ;)

I had a look at a cayman s before the M3, great driving position and a nice "porsche" sound... Just in my case the cayman s I looked at was a bit of a dog or I may have ended up with one! No regrets from the M3 so far... 

If money was no object, I would probably look for a Z4M, if you weren't to do a lot of mileage, as they're really holding/increasing in their values... and a Z4M coupe is probably the car I've enjoyed driving the most, the chassis and engine is just meant to be it's an awesome car and appreciating modern classic :)

Yep guess the Mini is a BMW so you were right! :thumbs:  Its going really well tbh. Been a cheap little runner and ive enjoyed driving a car where I can absolutely wring its neck and not end up facing a life sentence in jail. Its still got 200 odd bhp so its nippy enough. Can park it anywhere and not worry about it. Only downer is the boot is rubbish if I have 2 kids in the back. As a 2 seater though with the back seats down it has loads of room.

M3 is a good car, so fair play. I didn't really like the Z4M. I looked at them when I got my 350z HR. I guess one thing which put me off at the time was Z4`s were everywhere, so didn't have that rarity factor which I was looking for. I remember actually having a bit of a race with a Z4M shortly after and performance wise it was neck & neck. The zero depreciation though or even free motoring if it goes up in value is extremely tempting and adds a whole new factor into it - which is one of the reasons I got my 997 turbo back in 2016, and looking at the prices now, it was a really good decision. :thumbs: