Need a new key....question about reprogramming

gstraw

Hey all

Ive taken a deposit on my car and realised i just have one key. I would like to get another key and program it, but all the instructions i see online are for US cars or for 350z. I have the 2009 model car.

can anyone please advise where they bought their key from and how they programmed it?

much appreciated!!

Not sure about 370z, but I'm pretty sure you can only reprogram lock/unlock yourself. The immobiliser will need to be programmed by a auto locksmiths using a special electronic tool. Google a local auto locksmiths for advice and quote.

• Like 1

Hi mate i had one key i replaced the battery had no joy pairing the key back with the car took it to timpsons they done it for nothing, they said they could supply a second key  and pair it with the zed for £170 they said they would have to order the key in, but where from i don't know :sly:

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Muerte said:

Just as a heads up - Nissan themselves offer the key for a touch over 200 quid (think it was 210 or something, don't have the invoice to hand).  Supposed to take around 3 days to arrive, but I'm still sat here a week later....

Why not timpsons they are much cheaper?