Motorway MPG

ben_strange

Mine went up to 37ish once in on the M5 (when it was one long 50 limit). I was getting too much enjoyment watching it go up .1 every 3/4 miles xD 

I think 45/50 gives you the best return, I think you might even be able to touch 40mpg by hypermiling. There would be alot of angry Pepe behind you mind!

I managed 27.5 average on our driving holiday to Italy and back. In my 370z, Which I think was really awesome to be honest. Quite a lot of 2nd and 3rd gear driving on the passes. Also quite fast on the motorway in places. 

Edited by Andy_Muxlow

13 minutes ago, fijifixit said:

Do you guys reset this before getting onto the motorway? Mine just seems to be stuck on 19.4mpg without the average speed increasing  :shrug:. I just did a run from Dewsbury to Leicester and back.. I got 200 miles from £22 but it still said 19.4mpg?

Yeah you'll need to reset it. Assume the 350z is the same as the 370z on this little niche. 

But to add to the thread, I find the longer the drive, the more satisfying the feeling and better the numbers. Personally love just coasting in the left hand lane, soaking up attention and every once in a while dropping down a few gears and letting it roar for my own satisfaction. 

• Haha 4

Pretty sure when we did our Scotland trip a few years back the zed guys from east London drove to Edinburgh on one tank of fuel. Given we were doing the occasional foot down moment and carrying luggage/passengers, not a bad return.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes fuel/mpg is going to rubbish on all performance cars.My 350z is my daily and do 55 mile round trip to work. Yes it cost but personally I don't mind. If  your performance car is a second car used for nice days out or weekend car and mpg is rubbish, well your daily will save you money so hardly think it's worrying about it's not that bad.