Next Project

Payco

After three years of ownership that I totally enjoyed I parted with my Nismo 370z yesterday.Having owned a 350 and 370z Nismo I have to say what great fun to own and great cars they have both been. My next project keeps me in the fold. I have sourced a car which has been displayed in the Datsun heritage centre  in South Africa ( Available on YouTube) for the last 8 years. It has been offered for sale from the collection to me which I am very excited about. The car is a 1971 Datsun 1600 SSS Coupe, right hand drive in very good condition. She is being prepped and shipped to me and should be in the UK in 8 weeks time. I plan to fully restore her to top show condition but keep her totally original. I will remain on the forum and act as a South East REO as long as my services are required. I am very excited.

Martin

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Payco said:

After three years of ownership that I totally enjoyed I parted with my Nismo 370z yesterday.Having owned a 350 and 370z Nismo I have to say what great fun to own and great cars they have both been. My next project keeps me in the fold. I have sourced a car which has been displayed in the Datsun heritage centre  in South Africa ( Available on YouTube) for the last 8 years. It has been offered for sale from the collection to me which I am very excited about. The car is a 1971 Datsun 1600 SSS Coupe, right hand drive in very good condition. She is being prepped and shipped to me and should be in the UK in 8 weeks time. I plan to fully restore her to top show condition but keep her totally original. I will remain on the forum and act as a South East REO as long as my services are required. I am very excited.

Martin

I am surprised Matin, i thought you were going the 240z road, looking forward to seeing what your going to do with the datson sss

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 13:43, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Great news, Martin and congrats!

Is this the one? https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1158880 :D

No Adrian. Mine is the SSS 1600 Coupe and is in much better condition. I have a sales director based in South Africa who viewed the car for me and we did a WhatsApp video during viewing. I have also received over 100 photos and videos. Just a few photos to share at this point. YouTube clip below of a finished car in nice nick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIzgy6DLEIc

Dats1.jpg

dats2.jpg

DATSUN.jpg

dats4.jpg

Edited by Payco
added photos
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Paul K said:

looks very similar in its styling to the 71' 2000gt-r, 

Yes it does, but pretty sure it would have been a bit less expensive!

I do like the style of that generation of cars from Japan, I was so tempted to get an RA28 Celica but bottled it and went for a VX. Who knows in future though! The Celicas do look quite fantastic with a bit of tinkering!

8b462a15a3153258d874dcaba67e852f.jpg

Edited by coldel
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, coldel said:

Yes it does, but pretty sure it would have been a bit less expensive!

I do like the style of that generation of cars from Japan, I was so tempted to get an RA28 Celica but bottled it and went for a VX. Who knows in future though! The Celicas do look quite fantastic with a bit of tinkering!

8b462a15a3153258d874dcaba67e852f.jpg

I really like that, very rare they fetch good money

Doesn't make much sense as that's not far off what I sold it for. Rubbish ad, for starters they are 19 inch Work Emotion rims, not 18....At least we know they are selling a decent car for once :teeth:

Edited by Payco

• 1 month later...

Little update. She's due in at the London Gateway port on 30/12/2019. Nearly there.:drive1

No off the shelf suspension available for this so have been busy building a set of coilovers as she needs dropping. Going to get her fully undersealed and protected and then bring her out to play.

She needs to sit like this one..

lowered.jpg

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, coldel said:

For a minute I thought that was yours Martin :lol:

That's a standard 510 mate. I have the SSS but that's the drop I am working on. Your car is looking very good Col. Looking forward to joining you in the non z parking zone next Spring.