Back after 4 years

Hi everyone

4 years ago I sold my midnight blue 08 plate HR 350z. After I owned some german cars but now I decided to again get another Zed. Picked her up from Scotland last week, and it's a storm white 19 plate nismo. Had to convert to a manual again lol as got lazy driving an automatic but totally worth it. Love the car, missed the power and its roughness :)

Already looking for upgrading the exhaust and if I did the homework right the 370z TORQEN Short Tails - RESONATED should do the job fine. 

Looking forwards to attend some of the meetings soon

Thanks
Damian

Here are some pictures of her :D

IMG-20191004-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20191004-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20191004-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20191010-WA0000.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome. Looks silver in the 3 pics. What brought you back from ze Germans. I went from an E46 M3 to a 370z . I do miss the M3's engine, it was glorious especially with the csl airbox. The 370 engine feels more muscular but just doesn't really seem to have a sweet spot where as the M3 flew after 5500rpm all the way to 8000rpm.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bry said:

I went from an E46 M3 to a 370z . I do miss the M3's engine, it was glorious especially with the csl airbox. The 370 engine feels more muscular but just doesn't really seem to have a sweet spot where as the M3 flew after 5500rpm all the way to 8000rpm.

I've also had a Z4M/E92 M3 and their engines are as smooth as silk right up to the redline. Whereas I do love my 370Z for sure but the engine feels pretty rough after about 6000rpm and it goes against the fact that max power is at 7000rpm so really you should be revving it right out to 7500rpm.

The VQ engine does feel far more muscular lower down the revs than the S54/S65 engines I agree. :thumbs:

Edited by Lee370Z

11 minutes ago, Lee370Z said:

I've also had a Z4M/E92 M3 and their engines are as smooth as silk right up to the redline. Whereas I do love my 370Z for sure but the engine feels pretty rough after about 6000rpm and it goes against the fact that max power is at 7000rpm so really you should be revving it right out to 7500rpm.

The VQ engine does feel far more muscular lower down the revs than the S54/S65 engines I agree. :thumbs:

I'd love a z4m coupe but here in OZ they're do damn expensive. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bry said:

I'd love a z4m coupe but here in OZ they're do damn expensive. 

Yes and they are a lovely looking thing for sure. :thumbs:

Sadly mine was the Roadster though so it looked pony in comparison to the Coupe. I haven't learnt my lesson either...because I went for the Roadster as well with my 370Z!! :doh::D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bry said:

Welcome. Looks silver in the 3 pics. What brought you back from ze Germans. I went from an E46 M3 to a 370z . I do miss the M3's engine, it was glorious especially with the csl airbox. The 370 engine feels more muscular but just doesn't really seem to have a sweet spot where as the M3 flew after 5500rpm all the way to 8000rpm.

Yeah it does a bit lol, too much filter.

None of those cars had a big engine so that's why I got another Zed :)

Z4 not a fan but M3 yesss I'd love to get one, only if it wasn't so expensive. 

I love my 370z, it's a great car plus you don't see a lot of them on the roads. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sk08rad said:

I love my 370z, it's a great car plus you don't see a lot of them on the roads. 

That is one of the big things I love about the 370Z. :thumbs: I saw a Nismo for the first time the other day and I got all excited and I said to my Mrs look a 370Z Nismo!! 

She thinks I'm daft with my love for them! I've got the bug for sure. :D

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 13:00, Bry said:

I noticed that with the 370 

Now mine is charged 5500 rpm is where it get going now :teeth:

11 hours ago, Bry said:

Notice you have the Quaife lsd, what is your opinion on it? 

It's great for road use as its silent compared to clutch type diffs 

The  only down side is it acts like an open diff if you lift a wheel 

Trick is to run the rear nice and supple 

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1