Make my Car Quieter?

ILUVUNICORNS

Howdy 

So my 370z has a full Cobra Cat-Back exhaust with Cobra Decats. 

From 4k revs, it sounds so crap. Just noise and not even a nice noise at that. Really tinny....

Redlining, it sounds nice enough but I hardly do that. 

If i sell the Decats, what can I replace them with, that quietens the car down to a sensible level? 

Thanks in advance. 

These from what I gather Motordyne ART pipes are the best sounding cat replacement pipes, not cheap but A1 quality and the best note.

I've recently fitted a pair to my 350z and sounds amazing, believe it or not less rasp than with OE cats and Zero drone.

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/nissan/nissan-350z/motordyne-nissan-370z-advanced-resonance-tuning-art-test-pipes.html

693307679_IMG_20190803_114636059_HDR3.jpg.ac724243fe6d447195eaf599df5d19c7.jpg

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ILUVUNICORNS said:

Howdy 

So my 370z has a full Cobra Cat-Back exhaust with Cobra Decats. 

From 4k revs, it sounds so crap. Just noise and not even a nice noise at that. Really tinny....

Redlining, it sounds nice enough but I hardly do that. 

If i sell the Decats, what can I replace them with, that quietens the car down to a sensible level? 

Thanks in advance. 

I have been in this exact position 

I sold the cobra and had the invidia Gemini it was perfect with decats 

For a couple of years then it got louder and louder as the silencers got old 

I ended up getting extra silencers welded in it further back and its spot on again 

I needed to keep my decats because of my charger but if you dont need the flow I'd stick stock cats back in 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

So no one is buying my car so that means I just need to spend more money on it lol

So my options and I don’t know the answers really for any of them. 

1. standard cats back in, so I will have to buy some more. 

2. Japspeed HFCs have been recommended to me but will HFCs still make it too loud? 

3. most expensive - sell the cobra system and buy Invidia system. 

1. Try and find some second hand either on here or somewhere else, I dread to think how much nissan charge for them new

2. Don't listen to whoever reccomended that to you, japspeed are renowned for their poor quality. If you're going for HFCs go for a better quality brand, they'll be quieter than decats but louder than oem cats.

3. Yes the invidia will be quieter than the cobra but still might be too loud for your taste with the decats, probably a good idea to see if there's anyone local to you with a similar setup and go for a listen first. 

Edited by Jack94

11 hours ago, Jack94 said:

1. Try and find some second hand either on here or somewhere else, I dread to think how much nissan charge for them new

2. Don't listen to whoever reccomended that to you, japspeed are renowned for their poor quality. If you're going for HFCs go for a better quality brand, they'll be quieter than decats but louder than oem cats.

3. Yes the invidia will be quieter than the cobra but still might be too loud for your taste with the decats, probably a good idea to see if there's anyone local to you with a similar setup and go for a listen first. 

Hi Jack

thanks for the reply. 

which brand would you recommend for HFCs? Ignoring cost and also, would they make the car significantly quieter? 

thanks

From personal experience I've only ever had Torqen HFCs which I rate really well because they were a perfect fit to my invidia system, seem really good quality, decent price and got me through an MOT no problem. 

There's loads of other reputable brands out there though such as ark, invidia, cobra, berk etc. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So today I had the Catalytic Converters put back on with the Cobra Cat-Back Exhaust. 

The car sounds so much better now without the Cobra Decats. 

The car still has the Stillen Gen 3 CAI, with the UpRev etc but the car sounds like I want it to, beefy but not too loud. 

Thank god! 

Decats are horrendous! Never again 

• Like 3