Supercharged 370z Junction 17

reeceybeaney

Yeah, but you’re still missing the point. However this should not come as a surprise.

You may be willing to accept the cost of new tyres, no one else is in my experience. And if you would honestly go the warranty company for tyres then you really are delusional.

• Haha 1

Caveat emptor is for buying privately. As long as there's no wilful misleading, tough luck.

A dealer has many responsibilities, though. The car can be rejected within 30 days for example (e.g. discovering that the inside edges were bald or a horrible knock develops or the CEL comes on) and then for the first 6 months beyond that, the burden of proof of a fault being pre-existing (and therefore the dealer should sort it out) lies with the dealer (i.e. they should generally fix it providing it's with the expected age/condition - a car with 5K on has different standards to an old banger for £250).

Warranties are on top of the dealer responsibilities, optional, and run by loss adjusters who love not to pay out, so make sure you read the fine print.

5 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Providing they are still liable for the problem (eg it’s not 6 years later and you’ve changed the alternator a dozen times already), it’s simple; resolve the problem.

Yet again, HOW they do that is on them, it’s their responsibility to resolve the problem at their expense. I don’t care if the salesman sends his wife and kids down with a handful of spanner’s to personally replace the alternator or if the car is transported to their preferred mechanic, the point is THEY have to arrange for that to happen and to burden that cost.

I don’t understand why this is so difficult for you to grasp, it’s really very simple.

my brother broke down on the motorway 20 minutes after leaving a used car dealer. The guy came and recovered the car and we picked up the car the next day with a new alternator. Couldnt fault the guy really. The retailer dealt with it!

• Like 1

CBA to quote anyone but if a car has a fault or develops a fault within 30 days of you buying it from a dealer then you have the right to demand its fixed or return the car at no cost. 

Ive done it with an Evo thats engine went bang the day after it was purchased and with my Phaeton as well, this is the law and always has been: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/the-second-hand-car-i-bought-has-a-problem-what-are-my-rights

Ive always bought from a dealer if possible as theres no way to test if the clutch is going to need replacing in two weeks, for instance - if it does then the dealer neeeds to resolve it. 

• Like 1

The bottom line to all of this is the widespread experience on this and other forums says leave J17 alone. In my experience of being on this forum you listen to the knowledge around and act on it. If you play with fire you will get your fingers burnt. Don’t come back complaining with another thread if you purchase a car from them and have issues they will not resolve.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1