[SOLD]2007 Black 350z HR GT - £6,500

Kryptek49

Selling my 350z as I need a more economical car for the next year or so.  I've only had the car for just over a year and would love to keep it, but unfortunately have to make the sensible choice.  The car is the late HR version, which means more horsepower, twin air intakes and the obvious bonnet bulge.  The trim level is GT, which includes heated seats, rays alloys, cruise control etc.  I originally purchased the car from a forum member on here.

Mileage has just ticked over 105,000. This may rise a bit more as I'm still using the car occasionally.  

The car has been brilliant while I've owned it, it's always run perfectly and the engine, gearbox & clutch are all still in great condition thanks to regular servicing.  It's got an entire years MOT on it (expires 20/10/2020), there was only one advisory as the front brake lines were a tad corroded, so I've had these replaced already.

Mods:

• Cobra back box
  • Miltek Y Pipe
  • Uprev remapped @ Abbey Motorsports (297whp/337bhp)

Maintenance (recent/relevant):

• Gearbox & diff fluid changed @ 102,000
  • 4 x Michel Pilot Sport 4 Tyres fitted @ 104,300
  • Front Wheel alignment @ 104,600
  • Nearside rear arch rust cut out & repaired @ 104,600
  • Nearside rear wheel bearing replaced @ 104,600
  • Oil last changed @ 101,000.  I've changed it every 5k.  Will be done once more before sale
  • Brembo front & rear pads fitted @ 102,000
  • Gallery gaskets replaced by Abbey Motorsports
  • Varta D47 Battery fitted April 19

Body work is in pretty good condition.  It's got a couple small marks on it as expected for a 12 year old car, and has the usual stone chips up front which the Zeds suffer from.

Any questions please let me know and I'll be happy to answer.  Price is £7,000

Couple pics below - I will post up with some more recent/better quality ones once I've had a chance to clean the car and we get a bit of sun!

IMG_20180825_174623.jpg.219148c94a274841630d76d36bd2ecd5.jpg

IMG_20180825_174628.jpg.5a6516e46e0d14279f979df2e6c1e2bb.jpg

IMG_20180825_174651.jpg.684e96f47386ae86194637e5b244d8a8.jpg

IMG_20190801_210146.jpg.9096b52c80f46265d1ddcb884111bd9b.jpg

DSC_9239.JPG.89a82a4d97e90dc76738785a3234641a.JPG

Edited by Kryptek49
Updated ad - removed mods & reduced price
  • Like 2

MOT just done - new expiry date is now 20/10/2020.

Only advisory is the front brake lines are a little corroded (the ones between the caliper and the flexi hose), but not badly at all.  A good opportunity to fit braided brake lines to the front and flush the brake fluid I reckon.  I'll get this done next week.

Still waiting on nice weather to get some decent photos, should be done this weekend.

Edited by Kryptek49

• 2 weeks later...

No interest at all so far! These cars are hard to sell - I think it's a great price for an HR, but I've only had one person contact me and they were a time waster...

Anyone got any thoughts on how to shift it? Photo's not good enough/poor description?

Edited by Kryptek49

Some ideas, although may not be the reasons!

UK buyers are obsessed with mileage and once over the 100k mark believe any car is a ticking timebomb. Appreciate there is little you can do with that!

Frost seats are quite polarising, you either love them or hate them?

Time of year? I am on a few forums and all are reporting a big slow down in car sales?

Norfolk? Maybe a lack of buyers willing to travel?

2 minutes ago, coldel said:

Some ideas, although may not be the reasons!

UK buyers are obsessed with mileage and once over the 100k mark believe any car is a ticking timebomb. Appreciate there is little you can do with that!

Frost seats are quite polarising, you either love them or hate them?

Time of year? I am on a few forums and all are reporting a big slow down in car sales?

Norfolk? Maybe a lack of buyers willing to travel?

A lot of things I can't change unfortunately haha!

The mileage is probably the big issue, which is a shame as the engines are very reliable if they've been looked after - which this one has. 

I didn't like the frost seats at first if I'm honest, but they've definitely grown on me! Had a few offers for swaps but I'd rather keep them with the car as they really compliment it I think.

You're right it's definitely the wrong time to sell.  I'm in no huge rush as I've already got my new car sorted, the only real cost is the £50pm road tax, but it's not like I'm not a huge amount each month I'm holding on to it.

I've also got the car listed on AutoTrader, Ebay & Facebook, so it's in all the obvious places - is Pistonheads worth paying for as well?

I sold my Celica this year on PH, but previous to that I sold my R33 Skyline on ebay and my first VX220 on gumtree of all places (its free to advertise). It really is luck of the draw sometimes! Sold my Zed back in 2012 on ebay as well. 

5 hours ago, Kryptek49 said:

You're right it's definitely the wrong time to sell.  I'm in no huge rush as I've already got my new car sorted, the only real cost is the £50pm road tax, but it's not like I'm not a huge amount each month I'm holding on to it.

Could SORN it, then that goes away..? Not like you can sell it with the tax anymore, anyway.

I suspect time of year has a lot to do with it - only silly people like me buy powerful RWD cars in November :drive1 And it's cold / dark to look at them on someone's driveway

Lovely looking car and a good price. As others have said its the wrong time of year to sell a car like that.  If your not desperate id wait until spring time. But then you have to look at what price you might get in spring time compared to taking a cheaper offer now. When I was selling my HR, I found it very hard and in the end had to take a hit and part-ex it which was gutting for me, but I didnt have much choice.

18 hours ago, Ben–350Z said:

Could SORN it, then that goes away..? Not like you can sell it with the tax anymore, anyway.

I suspect time of year has a lot to do with it - only silly people like me buy powerful RWD cars in November :drive1 And it's cold / dark to look at them on someone's driveway

Problem is I still enjoy driving it! So if I'm keeping it till next year I will keep driving it till then as well.  

Thanks @rabbitstew - I've already got a new car so don't can't part exchange it, and WBAC only offer £4k which is ridiculous!  I think waiting for the right buyer is the best option right now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...