Finally got hold of a 370!

Hey!

Been lurking in here for a couple of months now and finally managed to get my hands on a 2012 370Z. Has been nearly a year in the making so very excited to start driving it properly! Coming from a Polo GTI, it's definitely a massive step up.

The car itself is pretty clean, as you'd hope after only ~30k miles. Still in the early phases of getting a new car so pretty paranoid about all the different noises it makes (the polo I had wasn't reliable in the slightest!)

Definitely looking forward to making it my own, oil cooler is where I'm thinking of starting. I know after some research that the temps have a tendancy to climb quite a bit (have already seen them rise even after a few quick pulls). Is there a recommended highest temp before the car goes into limp? I've been letting it cool off before it gets anywhere near 110.

Also definitely looking to get a bit more noise out of her! Definitely quite surprising just how quiet they are stock. Have seen a few videos of a back box delete, and that's the way I'm leaning. Any recommendations on getting that done (or just DIY), would be fantastic!

Super excited to be more involved in this community, some really nice looking Zeds in here as well as an abundance of knowledge!

About 15 minutes from Tamworth so let me know if you're in the area!

Cheers,

Scott

IMG_20190929_150456.jpg

IMG_20190929_130520(1).jpg

• Like 1

Hello and welcome and your car looks great. B)

They are quiet as standard for what is a fairly big engine I agree. I was pleased that the previous owner of mine had upgraded the exhaust/intake so it liberates far more noise(maybe too much! I don't use the car that often so I can tolerate it though). 

I'm sure the experts on here will recommend what's best regarding your exhaust. 

Enjoy the car. :thumbs:

Unless you are thinking of serious tracking and/or adding FI you will not need an oil cooler.  The feedback about oil temps largely emanates from across the pond where ambient temps are generally higher.  

Just keep an eye on the oil temp guage and as long as it does not exceed 125 (and the oil is good quality) you should no worries.

Enjoy! :thumbs:

• Like 2

I have a Nismo 370z and for me the Ark True Dual exhaust is the winner every time (budget permitting) for the 350z and 370z. Plenty will have their own recommendations and preferences of course. Plenty of options.

Thanks for all of the greetings!

Appreciate the input on the exhuasts too, going to have to do some proper research to find what I want.

1 hour ago, Ebized said:

Unless you are thinking of serious tracking and/or adding FI you will not need an oil cooler.  The feedback about oil temps largely emanates from across the pond where ambient temps are generally higher.  

Just keep an eye on the oil temp guage and as long as it does not exceed 125 (and the oil is good quality) you should no worries.

Enjoy! :thumbs:

This is probably where I got the worries from, lots of results with regards to oil temps on the other 370z forum.

Planning on doing a change within 1k so I know exactly what oil is in. Will keep the 125 figure in mind - thanks for the info!

Cheers