Kept my 350 sold the merc c63

Hrma

Hi folks got some good and bad NEWS.GOOD NEWS 1ST I KEPT MY 350Z HR.  Bad news is My Mrs has sold her  merc c63 It was a great car extremely quick Well rounded car but my Mrs hated it she wanted a 2 seater sports car but not a noisy car as she hated the noise of the merc and the cost of the fuel bill and road tax for both the 350z and c63 as daily drives was quite a surprise I knew it was alot but never that much.Any way I would of kept it but hey keep the Mrs happy. so we have now much to my horror gone and brought a Electric. Thanks to my Mrs parents who came up to visit in there tesla p100d. My Mrs was sold she loved the power and silentness   (its so weird) they have never appealed to me so never looked at them, Till we went to a tesla dealer but now I am extremely excited we have put a order in for a tesla roadster I never thought tesla did a roadster and I would never thought I end up owning a electric car but the stats and look of the car are crazy.i keep you all posted. 

Yes it is. Its been on the cards for over 3 years. They are finally releasing it. Its going to be a very rare car on the roads. 2.4 seconds to 60 lol. No sound just your usual EU mandated robotic whine on the outside. Rather that than a Taycan depends on if practicality matters or not. Crazy stats. Quarter mile of 9 seconds. and top speed of 250MPHI guess 2.4 seconds was far fetched. More like less than 2 seconds. If this is the actual car then theres much to be excited about despite being electric!

Range= 700 miles+ Total axle torque=10,000 Nm. Total Hp=1242 HP/926 kW.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Whilst I admire the Tesla Roadster and would have one in a heartbeat, I think citing the annual outlay on tax/fuel for the c63 as a factor in purchasing a £150K+ car might have more than a touch of man maths about it.

I  should explain i would never dream of spending  any more than £60k on a car never mind a tesla I live in stoke not London its the in laws, and ex husband that have the money and don't I bloody  know it. All the time Although Its a small price to pay for a easy life. Hope that clears things up folks.

Edited by Hrma
Explanation

Taycan Turbo S is not much cheaper at £120,000 without many options added. Only live once. So you drive it for 3 years and sell it im sure the value will still be around £100,000. Basing that off the old Tesla Roadster which is still valued at £90,000. 

That old inlaws chestnut LOL.  Happy wife happy life. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Taycan Turbo S is not much cheaper at £120,000 without many options added. Only live once. So you drive it for 3 years and sell it im sure the value will still be around £100,000. Basing that off the old Tesla Roadster which is still valued at £90,000. 

That old inlaws chestnut LOL.  Happy wife happy life. 

Admittedly not a fancy electric car but I've a BMW 650i GC, original owner paid £89,000, after two years the second owner paid £55,000 and after another 2 years I picked it up for £27,000. For me that's a typical depreciation curve. Now clearly although it's rare (only 13 in the country!) it's just a rare version of a common car (plenty of 6 series around) I don't see what will be a special but fairly common Porsche holding it's value much better?

I think the Taycan will hold value a lot better similar to their other premium models and they wont be that common due to the original price. BMW however are too common.

I think after 3  years the Tesla will depreciate to £100,000. If thats the case then the Porsche will be thereabouts or a bit lower as the premium brand. Im not sure it will lose £50,000 over 3 years.

12 minutes ago, docwra said:

Never justify yourself for being afford a sweet car, just make sure you end up buying one :lol:

The current top end Panameras are awesome cars, I cant imagine a Taycan being any worse. Go drive one and report back :D 

Quite 4 expensive tyres later....

If you want it get it but best not get it on the assumption of what the price will be in a few years.

20 hours ago, Hrma said:

I  should explain i would never dream of spending  any more than £60k on a car never mind a tesla I live in stoke not London its the in laws, and ex husband that have the money and don't I bloody  know it. All the time Although Its a small price to pay for a easy life. Hope that clears things up folks.

Don't mean to be offensive but your wife doesn't have a sister who is single does sheB)

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Afraid not. Yes I am lucky to be able to have a easy life. But it comes with a emotional price, example When I mentioned a Gtr R33 my dream car there so nice. The outlaw mother !! reaction was really snotty awefull, well "don't expect any help towards that . (Which I don't want  may I add.)

Mr perfect  (Mrs Ex husband) he wouldn't purchase a second hand Car. My lovely answer was "yes I totally agree that's because he would be to busy liaising with his mistresses vagina"  As you can imagine that conversation went down hill fast than a overweight child in a trolley !!! I was ripped a new arse hole by the Mrs and slept on the sofa for a week but my god it was well worth it. And kept the outlaw away from me for near on 2 years. I love my Mrs and my stepdaughter, I have no issue with wealthy people. I do however have a problem with snotty people who look down on people who are less fortunate. I apologise for the rant 

you can choose your friends but can't choose your family. However Thats not entirely true as you can choose what family member you wish to speak To. 

• Like 2