Budget stainless back box and mid pipe

Blackstar

I need a new back box and mid pipe pretty soon.

I am looking to go stainless to slow down corrosion problems, but I do not really want anything louder than standard if possible.

I was looking at this from Toyosports, if anyone can advise how loud it is an if it fits OK: https://www.toyosports.co.uk/stainless-steel-exhaust-system-for-nissan-350z--skyline-infinity-g35-1741-p.asp

I'd consider an entire new exhaust system in stainless if there is one reasonably priced.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Blackstar

I have the same exhaust and think it's very good for the price. Some can fit with no issues and others require adjusting, this is due to the lack of quality control before leaving the factory I guess. I've had to bend my middle hanger, which takes a few minutes to do with a couple of big spanners interlocked. Mines been on the car for over 4yrs without any issues. 

This is a clip of mine as a drive by *I'm at the back of the field initially, @3:03 it sounds mega!! 

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/10/2019 at 10:33, Blackstar said:

Hi, my mechanic says in order to fit the Toyosports one he has had to remove a plastic guard off the diff, or it would have melted? Anyone else have this problem?

Nope,

I've got TORQEN decats, Toyosport Y pipe, Midpipe and Backbox. No fitment issues with mine at all. I think it sounds pretty good.

• 6 months later...

Just a question with your toyosport exhaust (I'm running the same setup but with torqen HFCs), does yours have quite a lot of drone? I find that unless I'm above 3/4k revs and I put my foot down it has a pretty nasty drone. Fitment was a bitch with it and I had to weld a small section in to the mid pipe to get it to reach the back box. Need to bend the mid hanger to fit also, it's a little bit in but not all the way... I'm currently torn, I love it when the revs are up and the throttle is open, but any sort of cruising it's just a bit rough to drive with... Reckon welding in a bigger mid section resonator could help? 

Well the toyosport mid and back was the latest addition, I had the HFCs paired with the stock exhaust beforehand and it was fine, no drone. 

Could be a leak somewhere, potentially on one of my welds.... I'm not the best welder around haha was thinking of going around it with some exhaust repair paste just to be sure. 

On a side note, that's a very nice looking underbody! Is it worth to wrap the y pipe though? I read up somewhere that it increases the decay of the metal. I'm no expert however, but since the stock one had heat shields I thought it would make sense to follow suit. 

Cheers pal, yeah for a daily she's very clean underneath thankfully. Totally not sure what affect an exhaust leak would have on drone, pretty sure you'd hear the leak even on idle to know what's what. 

I've read the same about it speeding up the corrosion of the metal. I've wrapped headers before and never had an issue as it's always been with good quality stainless or mild steel. 

My thinking for wrapping the de cats and y pipe was it looks BOSS!! keeps the heat out if the cabin, OE cats with their heat shields made the transmission tunnel fairly warm after a long journey. Performance, in theory keeping the exhaust gases hotter speeds up the flow and hotter gases should also help the HFC do it job also. Win, win, win win.