Can't decide! Opinions Please?

Silverthorn

Hi all,

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on the 326Power Wing?

I've been eyeing it up for months, if not years now and I've finally found one for sale local to me for a decent price but now I'm starting to get cold feet.

I really think it could look awesome - especially once i have a proper lip kit and a livery (maybe). But i just can't decide if it's OTT? and whether or not the duckbill i have currently is the best choice...

f579212ada.jpg.e976bd794fca57b7927b5c5a43ec1324.jpg

681825541_PhotoJul1555758PM.jpg.e767e920b97863862a6a7e0ca8f54074.jpg

PPN_4846_1024x1024.jpg.87d43ded57d98fdac9e5abd35bcf220e.jpg

For comparison, here's my duckbill for those that haven't seen it.

IMG_0797.jpg.753dcbb53b7243d400903654b482188b.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg.fb369e61d030b09c20754da573507f44.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg.cef79755c2a2688c9ea599e310abbd6e.jpg

I kind of feel like the duckbill is a little small (especially in that last photo), but the 326Power Wing is a little bit big if anything... I don't know :shrug:

If anything, this is probably the perfect wing. But it's a MK1 Nismo wing which has had a bunch of custom work done to make the foil larger and i don't know if i fancy undertaking all that work :huh:

D6rLvpYUwAApFKR.jpg.9ec3bf5c461c41c64b238c5c2c746aa1.jpg

D64fqPJU8AASfvV.jpg.fa0a2da5c5bcd74f87da3b6f789822ea.jpg

Let me know your thought either way! It'd be a huge help.

Part of me thinks just go and buy it and see how it goes, the other side of me thinks it's a bit OTT and will only be a waste of time and money.

Cheers

Edited by Silverthorn

The side profile of the first one just looks ridiculous, and it doesn't look any better in the previous photo either. The spoiler that is (well, the broken suspension too actually, but off topic).

It doesn't look like it's the right proportions for the car at all, if it was a photoshop I'd say they've got the scale completely wrong.

It's a solid no from me. The duckbill looks far better.

• Like 1

Cheers all, thanks for the fast responses! 

That's a unanimous no for the wing then! :lol:

@ilogikal1 That was partly my thoughts. From some angles i love the look of it (mostly just the head on shot on the car with the wing protruding out to the side), but other angles it's just MASSIVE!

@Bry Personally not crazy keen on the Evo R wing. It's just a bit too tall and narrow. Hence why i liked the one above as it sits at MK1 Nismo height, but is wider.

I'll keep hunting :headhurt:

@nissanjuke I'd only ever go for the MK1 Nismo if i planned to modify it in a similar style to the one above. Just looks awesome with the wing poking out to the side of those front 1/3 shots.

@LRF4N Cheers mate. I think I've decided against it i must admit. I just can't help but feel it'll just look way to OTT on the car.

By no means will the duckbill stay forever as i do think it's too small, but for now it will be staying.

I think part of the reason i want to change it is the awful job the body shop did of fitting it. Silicone everywhere and starting to peel off.

Tempted to get it smoothed in to the boot lid and see how i like it then...

Edited by Silverthorn

Sounds like you've already decided (correctly BTW). I'd agree with the above that the lines of the duckbill suit the styling on your car far better. I think smoothing it in would look excellent, and possibly settle your mind looking for alternatives. If the finish is not good it will bug you every time you look at it.

Car's still looking bad ass dude :D 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Payco said:

I would go APR racing wing, Would look stunning on your car.

http://www.importparts.com/apr-performance-gtc-500-carbon-fiber-adjustable-wing-nissan-gt-r-r35/

$1500 :ohmy:

Im way too poor for that :lol:

@mattross1313 Yeah I think that's the plan. I can't see myself doing alot to the car for the rest of the year so I'll save a few pennies and get the wing smoothed, front bumper smoothed and repainted and get the whole lot ceramic coated early next year.

Hopefully that'll stem my urge to change things once those niggles are sorted out!