Suspension bushing failure

Randy_Baton

Hi,

had my first MOT failure today, a bushing has cracked

The garage said it was the 'NS front lower suspension arm bushing' anybody able to point me to a link for a new one? I had  a google but everyone seems to use different terminology!

Thanks.

Edited by Randy_Baton

Sounds like the banana arm? Common failure on our cars-

https://h-dev.co.uk/product/genuine-nissan-350z-compression-banana-arm-bush/?v=79cba1185463

Another option would be just to replace the whole arm because the ball joint on the other end can also become a problem-

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/nissan/nissan-350z/moog-nissan-350z-03-09-replacement-compression-arm-banana-arms.html

Edited by Jack94

"Lower suspension arm" is not the compression/banana arm, assuming the description is accurate.

Based on that description, it's very likely it's the inner one that mounts to the front subframe, as the other bush is for the shock absorber and very rarely fails.

This one you can see is split/failed.

Image result for lower control arm 350z bush part number

Don't think you can buy the bushes OEM individually, which means it's a good opportunity to upgrade both passenger and driver side to polyurethane which lasts basically forever and is slightly firmer - see Energy Suspension part/kit 7.3121X-LCA - around £80. Then probably couple hours fitting from a garage.