Meister R suspension long termers

evilscorp

I would like to hear from anyone with long term experiences with meister r suspension, mainly gt1.

i know a few of you gave detailed great reviews but how are they holding up after a years abuse?

my BC shocks on the rear are starting to be noisy and slow to respond when set to maximum stiffness. Still visually fine and ok when set to soft but I want better road manners and think a change is needed. 

The car is only a road car so not bothered about track handling more rough B road compliance.

I'm on a replacement set (as per review you probably saw), no issues with the updated/revised seals they did (I think it's v3/2018 design). I do check fairly regularly due to what happened with the old set. 

I initially had the v2 design and had signs of weeping on the front right shock, and it was definitely knackered. However they were fantastic with support and sorting out the other set.

Also as mentioned a plethora of times, I have metal/spherical bushings so I find it to be fairly harsh on the surrey roads (which are generally in terrible conditions) but that's not the fault of the GT1's. They do a decent enough job of smoothing things out, and would be nice on oem or hard race rubber bushings I'd imagine.

I like them, and have no desire of upgrading as the next step up is more than double I think (like 350Butchers - which are amazing).

• Like 1

Had GT1s on my 135i for 3? years now, it doesnt do huge miles but gets used very, very hard. 

Not had any issues as yet but havent touched the height/preload since it was set up, very comfy on softest setting and easy to find the sweet spot with a bit of fiddling :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Bit of a thread bump here.
I noticed a couple of weeks ago that my rear right was considerably lower than the left.
Had a chance to briefly inspect this with the wheel off over the weekend, the divorced spring locking collars were tight (both L & R). No leaking shocks, and everything else looks fine, albeit DIRTY :lol:
The only thing I did notice was that the left spring, with the wheel off and the car up on stands, had a bit of a gap between the perch and the spring. I loosened the locking collar and lowered it down so it roughly matches the other side for now.
The only thing I wondered is if the upper central thing with the thread on it (jeez :blush:), somehow turned over time, causing it to lower itself ?
Or just perhaps a bit of spring sag?

Either way, I'm still really happy with them, and will either adjust them both higher, or switch in the spare springs/perches I didn't use when they replaced my original GT1's.

Photo here for the bit I meant:

InkedGT1_006_LI.jpg