P1166 Error

HRBL

Had the 350 for a few months now with no issues (other than the gearbox grinding into second gear, but that's a common thing it seems!).

Then randomly yesterday I get a check engine light. Did the pedal dance and it threw up P1166 and P1167. Today I tried it again, and it's just P1166 now. Either way they seem to refer to the exact same issue (?) - Heated O2 Sensor 2.

Is this as simple as changing out the sensor for a new one?

As far as I can tell the car has a stock exhaust, though it does seem a little louder than completely stock, it looks like nothings changed and it's definitely not been straight piped. From what I've read this code gets thrown up with modifications, but surely it'd have come up earlier if this was the case - I've done ~1500 miles now with no engine management light at all.

Thanks for any help

You could try a reset and if the CEL reappears you could fit an O2 Lamda simulator.

If the issue is still there then test the sensor and replace if faulty.

If your car has had an uprev you can turn the rear sensors off so that they do not throw a CEL.