Newbie.. hoping to get a nismo but

Hi guys...….   First of all hello to you all.. Nice to be here … :-)  

After some advice too.... I really really fancy a 370z Nismo from say 16 plate onwards but sadly it may never happen as I have a medical condition which gets aggravated by harsh suspension.....  Its the reason I had to sell my FK2  civic type R after a year.   Luckily the FK8 Civic type R has a comfort setting, so I now have one of those.   Im not looking at getting rid of the type R but have set my heart on a second car and a 370z Nismo.... So my question is.... Im hearing the Nismos have a very firm /harsh ride.. I know that might be subjective but I think you get my drift . IS there anything that I can do to improve the ride... ? I really don't mind if I lose out on some handling as a trade off for owning one...   Will any of the coilover kits give me a softer ride than standard on their softest settings... Or will swift springs on their own do the job and improve things..  Any info will be handy....  If I have to admit defeat ( I will be gutted) so be it, but at least I asked the guys in the know and that's you guys.... :)

Hi I am a Nismo 370z 2016 plate car owner. Had the car for 3 years having been in a 350z DE for 4 years. I have had mine lowered on Tein S springs for context. Swift springs are a bigger drop and the ride will probably be too harsh. Personally I don't think the ride is harsh. For starters the 370z is more of a refined car to drive over the 350z. Not necessarily better, just different. I have driven the car for hours and not felt uncomfortable at all. Be aware the car is fitted with recaro racing seats which are sporty but comfortable. Of course only you will know given your health condition if the car is for you. Not sure where you are based by happy for you to come and have a drive if I am reachable. Good luck.

Finally, budget for a new exhaust as the stock exhaust lets the car down. I am not alone in this opinion. its  shared.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Martin

Edited by Payco

It's not German so you're not gonna be able to flick a switch and soften the ride. 

You are probably better off buying a GT trim and upgrading it slowly to your taste. The Nismo has springs, struts etc which sound like it'll be too much for you. 

You'll have to test drive a few to see what works but you might hit a stumbling block getting in and out the car. 

Nismo does give a harsh ride and the Recaro seats difficult to get into if you have mobility problems.

I used to own a 370Z GT Edition (not to be confused with GT) which was great suspension wise. They were 'tuned' for UK roads and it really did make a difference.

I am now back in a 350Z and find the suspension more compliant than my Nismo was - and before anyone asks, the shipping spacers had been removed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ponsonby said:

Nismo does give a harsh ride and the Recaro seats difficult to get into if you have mobility problems.

I used to own a 370Z GT Edition (not to be confused with GT) which was great suspension wise. They were 'tuned' for UK roads and it really did make a difference.

I am now back in a 350Z and find the suspension more compliant than my Nismo was - and before anyone asks, the shipping spacers had been removed.

Not the famous shipping spacers.:surrender:

hi guys.... thanks for replies so far.... much appreciated..... My problem is not so much mobility, so getting in and out of the car is not a problem.....   Its just that harsh rides and constantly hitting bumps causes other issues...…       interesting point about getting a gt and updating it with a Nismo bodykit …..  might be an option but that's kind of cheating in a way.....  but I do get it.....   Has that been done before by Gt owners? 

Does anybody know if coilovers on softest setting would be better than standard Nismo setup for ride comfort?

All I would say is personally don't try to impersonate the car to be something it isn't. Mod it to your own taste but at the end of the day if it isn't a Nismo its not a Nismo. And this is not me being defensive, just my view that's all.

Payco.... I totally agree with you....  that's why I said its kind of cheating and not the way I normally like to do things....  :-)   No worries.

I really want to see if I can get a Nismo to work for me...   IS anybody in the Somerset/Wiltshire/Dorset areas about with a Nismo who could spare some time to take me out?   I would pay for fuel of course.....  

Edited by CLOVERLEAF159
  • Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 16:28, CLOVERLEAF159 said:

Payco.... I totally agree with you....  that's why I said its kind of cheating and not the way I normally like to do things....  :-)   No worries.

I really want to see if I can get a Nismo to work for me...   IS anybody in the Somerset/Wiltshire/Dorset areas about with a Nismo who could spare some time to take me out?   I would pay for fuel of course.....  

Welcome to drive mine and for the right price its for sale BUT I am too far away for you unless you want a day out.

• 2 weeks later...