Banana/compression arm question

Cn12345

38 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

I have removed around 50 of these and have never snapped a subframe bolt.

I think I just have a bit or paranoia about snapping one. Have you had any issues with removing any bolts on the engine cradle or W brace at all? Looking to get some por15 on them areas properly but as above worry about snapping bolts.

16 hours ago, Cn12345 said:

That’s good to know, thank you

I've swapped my arms without having to drop the brace, you can leave it with the opposite side loose while replacing an arm and then swap, this saves you having it on the floor and lifting it up again. Bolts are nice and thick and while the nuts might have seized some PB blaster and a long breaker bar gets them off without too much hassle.

6 hours ago, MDMetal said:

I've swapped my arms without having to drop the brace, you can leave it with the opposite side loose while replacing an arm and then swap, this saves you having it on the floor and lifting it up again. Bolts are nice and thick and while the nuts might have seized some PB blaster and a long breaker bar gets them off without too much hassle.

Noted.

thanks for everyone’s help, saves me taking it to the garage if I can do it myself