Nissan bring 50th Edition 370Z to UK

GranTurismoEra

Probably not news for many. A few dealers have decided to take them on hoping to sell them. All I say is good luck with the sale. 

Hopefully there wont be a 2020 and 2021 but lets say im not putting bets down.:lol:

£34,999 please..................... :please:

Screenshot_20190831_160203.jpg

Screenshot_20190831_160243.jpg

Screenshot_20190831_160140.jpg

Screenshot_20190831_160152.jpg

Edited by GranTurismoEra

If there was ever a way to show you cant be fussed, or worse a nissan accountant has decreed, we have no money in the pot to do anything but get some vinyl stickers from ebay, that will do for now. :surrender:

Its a warmed pizza up from the night before isn't it, just so you get your moneys worth.:bangin:

Surely would have cost them peanuts to stick a spoiler on the back, dump the springs a bit, put a variable valve exhaust, and just do 'Something!!' with the interior, even if its a nice pale pallet of colours ? Cream/pale grey maybe, anything to drag it out of the edwardian funeral parlour.

Does it have a Dab radio yet?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stanski said:

Surely would have cost them peanuts to stick a spoiler on the back, dump the springs a bit, put a variable valve exhaust, and just do 'Something!!' with the interior, even if its a nice pale pallet of colours ? Cream/pale grey maybe, anything to drag it out of the edwardian funeral parlour.

Does it have a Dab radio yet?

DAB :lol: the micra has DAB 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ilogikal1 said:

You people are never happy, are you? :lol:

“This special edition is rubbish.”

”This model could be so much better.”

Exactly.:blink:

Lets be honest we are a bunch of old school nutters driving (or former drivers) of a 70s inspired Datsun in a world of generic bland machines that no doubt will run rings around it.

Although its good Nissan kept the old barge alive, they could have really tried to make it a bit special, come on 50 years is a big landmark? Missed opportunity, lack of funds I expect but some naff stick on graphics thats it? 

Anyway onto the next model... ;)

• Like 1

Design wise it's very disappointing. I've no problem with the colour or the graphics, just the plain bodywork. Slap the colour and markings on a Nismo body kitted one, some more interesting wheels and it'd be a lot better. Same with that heritage edition.

• Like 1

Onto the next model. A new model is desperately needed to accompany the new Juke. With the right design and trim I think there is potential to do really well. It can look really slick if done right. The 370Z has had its time now. Time to run along

Put an efficient 3 liter turbo 399hp in the new one, make it lighter than the current Nismo. Price it at £40,000 new thats 10k cheaper than its nearest rival the M2, Supra then youre onto something then just bring a much more powerful 475hp Nismo a year later at 45k-50k etc.

Include a DCT and Manual option.

The only problem with that is none of it will happen.

A new Z car isn’t anywhere near being a priority for Nissan, especially with the abysmal numbers the ‘70 has made.

Large capacity ICE motors are a massive risk when the industry is looking to supplement more efficient motors, so 3 litre is a stretch and turbos are the previous generation tech; it’s all about batteries now. Any new model taking turbos instead of electric will not be well received by the general public.

399bhp is just wishful thinking.

H&S will see that it’s not lighter (at least not light enough make any noticeable difference).

£40k simply wont offer enough margin to make it worth Nissan’s while to create a whole new model, engine and running gear. Toyota only have to put on different badges and still need to sell the Supra at that price to make it viable them!

And people need to get used to the fact that Nismo is just a trim level these days, nothing more.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

The only problem with that is none of it will happen.

A new Z car isn’t anywhere near being a priority for Nissan, especially with the abysmal numbers the ‘70 has made.

Large capacity ICE motors are a massive risk when the industry is looking to supplement more efficient motors, so 3 litre is a stretch and turbos are the previous generation tech; it’s all about batteries now. Any new model taking turbos instead of electric will not be well received by the general public.

399bhp is just wishful thinking.

H&S will see that it’s not lighter (at least not light enough make any noticeable difference).

£40k simply wont offer enough margin to make it worth Nissan’s while to create a whole new model, engine and running gear. Toyota only have to put on different badges and still need to sell the Supra at that price to make it viable them!

And people need to get used to the fact that Nismo is just a trim level these days, nothing more.

I have to agree however strangely manufacturers are still bringing out large engined stuff , just look at piston heads and top gear. Although they aim at the higher richer market segment.

Its also nice to see Mazda continuing to develop petrol engines and rotary engine. 

Nissan on the other hand , their main customer base is SUVs , bread and butter stuff like Micras and the other end GT-R , thats it. Everything else in between is niche or on hold whilst they decide how to handle electrification ?

I expect others are the same?

I still hope for a new Zed but even VW dropped the Beetle their iconic car.

They cant expect huge numbers but neither can the other rival brands. Ofcourse if we are talking about europe alone id agree. But North America is a huge market for it. Infact close to 70% of 370z sales are based in US. I think in Europe you would rely on Germans to be bigger sellers. Like I said before without US id say don't bother.

Also the Supra is expected to sell a lot in US and Canada.

Its not a risk because GTR is still selling hence its continuation to at least 2022-2023 according to chief engineer.

Its rivals such as the 6 cylinder M2 may not be a huge seller but there is still a market for it. Also what determines failure or success if the Alpine for example only sold 1,800 roughly in 2018. Europe alone. Which is a lot less than the first year of the 370. Also they are introducing it to new markets such as Australia.

It may not be high on the priority list. But its possible. 370 hasnt been profitable but didnt stop them producing it for an extra 7 years after ditching the convertible. Despite only selling 1000 a year.

The biggest market USA will probably determine any future for the Z cars. I think it still has a place if done right and priced right. If you dont offer different trims or engine options then 

dont expect mass sales.

• Like 1