Hyperdrive on Netflix

HEADPHONES

8 hours ago, evilscorp said:

Watched the first episode and start of the second, a good test of driver skill with high level of entrants and cars look big budget. Hopefully they get some compensation for the damage they cause to them lol.

Watch what happens to the red s15 :byebye:

• Sad 1

Weirdly enough just posted on FB about it. 

Watched it last night, started out OK but anyone get the feeling not everyone is doing it in one take?
Clearly actual driftcar, drift experience and hydro are going to give you a massive advantage but there are some glaring anomalies with people/cars doing much better than they should. Particularly, dare I say it, the female ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, docwra said:

Weirdly enough just posted on FB about it. 

Watched it last night, started out OK but anyone get the feeling not everyone is doing it in one take?
Clearly actual driftcar, drift experience and hydro are going to give you a massive advantage but there are some glaring anomalies with people/cars doing much better than they should. Particularly, dare I say it, the female ones.

Cant say I noticed the female drivers getting help. Felt the course was a good equaliser and the variation in skill level was obvious. Especially mid season with Mx5 and girl in e30 and also s15 convertible. 

the 350z girl had a clean go. But you might be right or wrong. Its hard to tell. Some of the drivers in episode 1 were absolute garbage. Also certain cars are easy to control and dont take huge amount of skill to drift.

They need to ditch the excessive arab style commentary. It ruins the experience a little when everything needs to be explained. But i suppose its similar to those japanese gladiator style obstacle course tv shows. Three commentators is a bit over the top

Episode 2,  "oh we can see shes distraught" no we cant see lol we need you to tell us.....

Edited by GranTurismoEra

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Silverthorn said:

For anyone interested, Fielding answered a few common questions over on YouTube.

No compensation for damages, or any payment whatsoever actually. No doubt a few sponsorship agreements behind the scenes with some drivers though

That's true passion.......some major bills for alot of those competitors!