Thinking Of Selling My Zed

SiriusProjects

Hi all,

Lately I've started thinking about selling my 2015 370z Nismo.

It's a great car don't get me wrong and it certainly turns heads. I've had lots of fun with it and it's been a join to own.

I've not made a definite decision yet, but just wanted to ask all you guys a question.

I know I could probably get more if I sell it, but I've been looking at other vehicles and was considering the idea of part exchanging it if the right vehicle came along.

What are your thoughts? I know I wouldn't get as much for my zed if i did part exchange it, but it would make things a lot easier.

I personally would sell privately, especially with such a desirable car.

Providing you have the time and are prepared to put up with the tyre kickers and low ball offers then that would be my course of action as you only require one serious enquiry with no p/x.

You would then be free to shop around and negotiate a discount on your next car for not having a p/x.

Hopefully, with getting a premium price for your Nismo and a discount off your next car, I only see this as a win, win.

• Like 1

I agree with Alex, spend time and effort to sell privately and you’ll make more. You’ll take an immediate hit trading in 

A few 350 owners upgrade to 370s so start with a for sale thread here

The only issue with wbac is they give you a price on the Web, then go round your car when you get there and reduce it a load. 

They are owned by the bca so it's in their interest to give you the smallest amount possible. As has been said above private sale would always be better for your pocket 

• Like 1

Auto trader isn't a bad place to sell 

You tend to find if you advertise on a decent paid website you have a bit more of a serious buyer 

I had a pal trying to sell a car recently and he couldnt sell it for proper money on the free sites ...just kept getting low balled all the time 

When he put it on the trader he sold it for a little more and could of sold it 3 times over the calls he had 

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 3

I got mine at £4,000 below market value. We buy any car gave me what I paid pretty much a year later and 8000 miles on. They did knock off £200 for 4 stonechips on the bonnet. 

Sell privately but if you spot something you like part exchange can usually yield a discount in the right dealer. 

Think about it carefully. once its gone its gone. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

What are the main reasons why you are looking to sell if you don't mind answering. Also have the same car btw

I love my zed don't get me wrong, but I'm one of those people who likes to get out about most weekends. I do a lot of walking and very often this means going off the beaten track sometimes, down small lanes, etc. Obviously with a car like this the one thing you don't want to be doing is having to drive your car up onto a verge or into a hedge if there is a tractor or something coming the other way for fear of scratching the hell out of it. When I do plan a trip out these days, I'm checking google to see what the road are like where I am going.

I had a ford focus before my zed and because I wasn't that precious about it, it got muddy, scratched and was a real work horse and in some ways I do miss having a car like that. Something I don't have to worry about. I can't really afford to run two cars either so this is the conundrum I find myself in. Do I keep my zed and just avoid going off the beaten track or do I sell it and get a go anywhere vehicle? 

I think its also about timing. I put my modified Nismo up for sale last month and got an instant bite on Pistonheads for full AP. I bottled it on the day of the sale which I know is poor form on my part. Crazy thing is if someone was to approach me to buy it now I would sale as I am ready to move on to a new project. WBAC in my experience are crooks. Private sale every time for me but as someone else has said on here you have to be prepared to deal with time wasters. GLWS if you go ahead.

You could also do what I have done, keep the z and buy a shed. I purchased a Seat Leon for £350 at a car auction when I picked up my Nismo. Had it 3 years and not spent a penny on it.

Edited by Payco

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

@reeceybeaneyI think its close between the Nismo and your current car. Only saving grace for the Nismo is the higher displacement and speed post 60. There is a remapped Nismo for sale with Gold Rims. I rather get stock one though

I would say so, would like to have a go back to back in both and compare :lol:

Sure the Nismo will feel much more fun and engaging :D

I did see that one for sale and the boy in me is liking it a lot! Have to see if any serious bites come of selling the bimmer :shrug:

3 hours ago, Payco said:

I purchased a Seat Leon for £350 at a car auction when I picked up my Nismo. Had it 3 years and not spent a penny on it.

Other than insurance and tax, which can be the biggest expense with running a second car/beater.

Edit - do you have your Leon on a multicar policy with the Nismo or stand alone and how do you utilise your NCB?

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

Also depends how much you value your time. I PXed a Navara for my 370Z  and I know I'm about £1500 down in terms of selling privately and buying privately... but then I'd not have had a car to use until I found the right Z (the one I now have would certainly have gone) and living on the Isle of Wight, it's £100 minimum just to go look at a car because of ferry costs, never mind time.

WBAC I just use as an absolute floor for any part ex conversations.

• Like 1