Nice write up about EV experience in an E Golf

stanski

1 hour ago, gangzoom said:

37K in our Tesla, amount paid for 'dealer servicing' = £0.

A friends mum owns a Fiesta with 54k on the clock. That’s never been serviced either.

The fact that you don’t doesn’t mean it doesn’t need it!

Also the fact that you’re going to do all the bits you can, on the cheap, means nothing. People can and do service their own ICE vehicles on the cheap too. However good work on the “doesn’t need servicing but here’s a list of service items I’ll need to do”, it really makes your point well... :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, Ebized said:

But I am still drooling over this new Carrera even if over £100k as that one was specced....

image.jpeg

Never liked the look of the previous 911/Caymans before but the new rear end does look lovley, even on the Cayenee.

EV drivetrains have saved Porsche from having to go down the diesel route ie: new diesel S4/S6 etc. 

I'm looking forwards to been able to not need the space of the X and go back down to a smaller car, I recon the Taycan (or even EV 911) will be very close the top of the shopping list......But sadly not for a while yet :). 

4 hours ago, gangzoom said:

The Taycan is great, and pricing is suppose to about £90K start so bang in line with the current 911. The quick one though that did the 'ring time will be £150k+ before options, so Roadster 2.0 money, but still if you can afford it hard to think of a better car for the money. 

It will be interesting to see how many Porsche shifts versus the 911/Panamera, Porsche is now mainly a SUV brand, and I can see them becoming mainly an EV brand very soon. 

Yep they are already planning to release hybrid 911 and hybrid panamera with a view to offering full electric on those models in future.

I cant see my brother getting a base model. Either way im sure 400-600hp will be nice to haul all that weight around. Obviously itll be nice if he got the Nurburgring spec. You only live once right. lol

Edited by GranTurismoEra

16 hours ago, gangzoom said:

Taycan configurator is now 'live', £126K for the cheapest version with a few options, makes the 911 look affordable!

Cannot see us ever been in a position to splash that much cash on essentially a toy, certainly not for another few decades :(.

Found it. £115,000 starting. My brother replied big boys only. Thats tell you what you need to know about that LOL

I cant see that price coming down and why would it.

Its Porsche after all.

My options were considered "reasonable" and came to £31,000 bringing the total to £147,269

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Re Porsches they might handle well etc and look pretty but the 2 Caymens my other half had were nothing but trouble, exposing how cheaply made they were. 

I know the Caymen saved their bacon but the first one Caymen S (2007) had engine issues, window winder mechanism failed, radio playing up, the second revised shape Caymen (2010) had a cable snap for the gear linkage ,cable ?? In a car like that with a crappy plastic fitting that fell to bits leaving her beached in the outside lane of a motorway slip with no way to move. 

There were a lot of other issues which just highlighted how it was almost built to cost, reliant on the badge to keep the price high. She wont touch another again! 

I hope they have resolved all of those kinds of things in the new shiny ones?:surrender:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gangzoom said:

^ I was amazed a reversing camera and even powered folding mirrors are optional extras on a £116k 'state of the art' brand new car......Porsche clearly know how to empty the wallets of their customers.

"Public Charging Cable" is £210 pounds. Its probably a thicker weather and fireproof cable with Porsche lettering. Thats the standard turbo model. 

Audi and VW have had window mechanism issues from 2000 and still do today. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra