400 Zed

lee65

It will end up being the Infiniti q60 coupe with a Nissan badge whatever that will look like? Shame Infinite never introduced the Essense concept car looked amazing instead they knock out dull stuff saloons, capable but boring looking.

3 hours ago, stanski said:

It will end up being the Infiniti q60 coupe with a Nissan badge whatever that will look like? Shame Infinite never introduced the Essense concept car looked amazing instead they knock out dull stuff saloons, capable but boring looking.

I remember saying that about the current Q60 but they didn’t bring out a 370 replacement with it

• Haha 1

On 19/08/2019 at 10:59, lee65 said:

Maybe its been mentioned before but who likes / dislikes the potential 370 replacement , with a near 500 bhp GTR motor the 400z ??? me  I want one ...

3e83e010b44373cb679ecf96eea1d2aa.jpg

got a better leak than that lol, thats an old render from 2 years back. The render I found was from Japan recently and closely resembles the new Juke in terms of front/rear lights. The rear lights have a slightly edgier design.

If they do go ahead the lights will resemble the new Juke front and rear. They are going with LEDs on the new Juke.

Also if they did make one it would cost as much as the Supra, Alpine and Z4 M40i at £50,000 which is much more than most people are willing to pay. Also are Nissan content to sell only 2000 cars per annum in EU with a decline? like Alpine in 2018 im not so sure

Hybrid would be similar to the Q60 black s concept making it too expensive for this market. Pushing it to Cayman territory

New turbo cars are being tuned with more linear power delivery. So going turbo is not the end of the world lol

Wait for Tokyo motorshow I guess. If nothing is mentioned there then thats that for now. highly unlikely to see a new Z there but you never know. Fingers crossed!

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

got a better leak than that lol, thats an old render from 2 years back. The render I found was from Japan recently and closely resembles the new Juke in terms of front/rear lights. The rear lights have a slightly edgier design.

If they do go ahead the lights will resemble the new Juke front and rear. They are going with LEDs on the new Juke.

Also if they did make one it would cost as much as the Supra, Alpine and Z4 M40i at £50,000 which is much more than most people are willing to pay. Also are Nissan content to sell only 2000 cars per annum in EU with a decline? like Alpine in 2018 im not so sure

Hybrid would be similar to the Q60 black s concept making it too expensive for this market. Pushing it to Cayman territory

New turbo cars are being tuned with more linear power delivery. So going turbo is not the end of the world lol

Wait for Tokyo motorshow I guess. If nothing is mentioned there then thats that for now. highly unlikely to see a new Z there but you never know. Fingers crossed!

Exactly the whole point of a Zed is fun for reasonable money. Its always been a GT rather than full on sports but agree if they start going for the more expensive market they wont stand a chance in Europe against the usual German suspects unless the interior finish is on a par with theirs and its chuckable like a porker? 

Thats the problem with Nissan they feel they can now charge £85,000 Premium, Nismo £170,000 and £1,000,000 for GtR-50 because they have built a fanbase on the GTR brand. 

I think the whole undercutting thing has gone especially with Honda charging upper 30s for their HRV/CRV and 150k+ for the NSX

I think those days are truly gone.  I think Nissans premium cars will command similar to the Germans. The next GTR if there is one I can see Nissan slapping £100,000 on it.

So it makes sense for any new car to command at least £50,000 unless they wish to go down the cheap and cheerful route and throw a Mercedes 4 pot turbo in there at £30,000 but then something would be lacking....just like the A35 at 300hp

or they can offer trims for 2 liter (300hp) an alternative to buying a hatchback with a 2 + 2 maybe, 3 liter (400hp) shorter wheel base GT, 3 liter (475) hp Nismo etc which is another option most people arent a fan of as it dilutes the Z line.

The demand is the issue. But hey the MX5 sold 30,000 ND so far in 2 years. Difference is price is down in the 20s. How many units can you sell at 30k plus? would you buy a lightweight 4 banger turbo Z say 1300kg?........for a small market especially in EU is it worth the effort. USA though is a different fish. 4 pot supras apparently are going to asia market

Lol all sounds good but you need to bring a concept or concepts and judge feedback/interest on that as Toyota, Honda etc have done with their new or upcoming releases.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Mazda know what they are doing. They went back to basics with the MX5 , kept it honest and reasonable money, hence they sell by the bucket full.

In all honesty who is going to buy a 50k (Z4) Supra unless they are absolutely committed to them.

I am still surprised Ford sold Mustangs here for the money they did, although the price has crept up now , again heading to mid 40s-50s which makes it less attractive.

So the Koreans will be the ones offering cheaper priced cars, ironically like Datsun used to when they started, or chinese companies for that matter.

Anyway going back to Nissan, if they keep the next zed below the £40k mark ideally £30k they will be onto a winner but we know the market has conditioned people to expect cars to cost a certain minimum price. :surrender:

• Like 1

30k?? lol I cant see it.

I can see a 30k 4 pot. I mean how much is a new 370Z £35,000-£37000 with dealer discount. 

We are talking about a new car on a new production line that is cheaper than the current model with a more expensive twin turbo engine. 

If you say no trims just one configuration at £30,000 - £34,000 new with a twin turbo v6 you may sell a lot but the profit margin looks low unless youre using cheaper materials or collaborating with Mercedes/Renault

The cheapest Z4 2 liter is £35,000 with M sport £36,000 with basic trim. Used are around 30k

They expect 70% of sales to be the 2 liter 20i and 30i.

A brand new 6 cylinder at £30-£40,000 is unlikely now Nissan have got their GTR in good spot. They probably want to command big money. Unless they take a leaf from Mazda and have a pricing strategy. Also bare bones like the current Nismo. No adaptive suspension, no driving modes, similar features to what you have now.

Are you adding or taking anything away? Are you only thinking of a basic track pack what about those that want a GT cruiser with creature comforts and not a Nismo what features do they get. Nothing? then less sales as rivals offer more.

With Mx-5 im struggling to think of direct rivals aside from a TT roadster thats 17k more? Fiat 124 donor car  discontinued in UK....Not much else. Car sells itself pretty much. Also Mazda after sales service is apparently good. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

30k?? lol I cant see it.

I can see a 30k 4 pot. I mean how much is a new 370Z £35,000-£37000 with dealer discount. 

We are talking about a new car on a new production line that is cheaper than the current model with a more expensive twin turbo engine. 

If you say no trims just one configuration at £30,000 - £34,000 new with a twin turbo v6 you may sell a lot but the profit margin looks low unless youre using cheaper materials or collaborating with Mercedes/Renault

The cheapest Z4 2 liter is £35,000 with M sport £36,000 with basic trim. Used are around 30k

They expect 70% of sales to be the 2 liter 20i and 30i.

A brand new 6 cylinder at £30-£40,000 is unlikely now Nissan have got their GTR in good spot. They probably want to command big money. Unless they take a leaf from Mazda and have a pricing strategy. Also bare bones like the current Nismo. No adaptive suspension, no driving modes, similar features to what you have now.

Are you adding or taking anything away? Are you only thinking of a basic track pack what about those that want a GT cruiser with creature comforts and not a Nismo what features do they get. Nothing? then less sales as rivals offer more.

With Mx-5 im struggling to think of direct rivals aside from a TT roadster thats 17k more? Fiat 124 donor car  discontinued in UK....Not much else. Car sells itself pretty much. Also Mazda after sales service is apparently good. 

Mazda are good. I had a brand new RX8 when they first came out, one of the first ones in my area, bob on customer service and no crap off them. Inspite of the rotary doom mongers I never had 1 issue with that car ( shame I traded it in).  Even a 22 year old mk1 mx5 I got off my mate for £450 was super reliable and great fun. I never intended to get one but glad I did. 

Going back to Nissan yes they wont do the sports side as lower price like they do with micras etc so the days of reasonable priced fun cars are over. Having said that its all heading electric isnt it, but glad Mazda are holding onto petrol engine development still.:drive1

Anyway happy with my Stang hope it keeps going and they dont ban it for having a 5 litre planet killing engine.

11 hours ago, stanski said:

Mazda are good. I had a brand new RX8 when they first came out, one of the first ones in my area, bob on customer service and no crap off them. Inspite of the rotary doom mongers I never had 1 issue with that car ( shame I traded it in).  Even a 22 year old mk1 mx5 I got off my mate for £450 was super reliable and great fun. I never intended to get one but glad I did. 

Going back to Nissan yes they wont do the sports side as lower price like they do with micras etc so the days of reasonable priced fun cars are over. Having said that its all heading electric isnt it, but glad Mazda are holding onto petrol engine development still.:drive1

Anyway happy with my Stang hope it keeps going and they dont ban it for having a 5 litre planet killing engine.

Stang eh, nice car. 5 liter v8. Sounds glorious. They will only ban the sale of new petrol engines with high displacement or emissions. And maybe from inner cities. Just move to the sticks.

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Nismo Micra, Nismo Leaf worth every penny :lol:

Cars for people who dont care about cars just want something to get them from a to b! Ironically the older micras were pretty good, I had a mk2 sport on hire whilst my other car was being serviced, damn that thing could fly, weighed as much as an empty matchbox! 

Leaf has got to be the most boring looking thing on wheels ever! If you want to get people into leccie make it look at least slightly interesting or even just normal looking! Its the modern version of 1970s invalid cars where the kids laughed at them as they drove past! 

Hence the Honda E. Shame about the range. But it makes sense to at least style it properly. Model 3 isnt a bad looker but a bit familiar now.

On another note people want more power in the Z. I thought what the 370 Nismo does really well is launch from a stand still in the dry compared with the more powerful M4 which usually struggles for traction. After seeing Living Life Fast 720 hp M4. I think any future Z would need to either be moderate on power no more than 400 bhp or All Wheel Drive

Also if you make it AWD you lose the fun aspect. If you make it a rear biased AWD or switchable like the M5 then youre onto something. Shame that would increase the cost of the car.

Putting the power down on rear wheel drive especially a 400hp car hmm

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stanski said:

Cars for people who dont care about cars just want something to get them from a to b! Ironically the older micras were pretty good

See I need a daily runner which is fun/cheap and a little different. 

The old Micra was so cheap to repair, it made easy to smash it around and then just clean it up. 

12 minutes ago, Umster said:

See I need a daily runner which is fun/cheap and a little different. 

The old Micra was so cheap to repair, it made easy to smash it around and then just clean it up. 

Deffo the mk2 bubble micra was a good very cheap all-rounder, if you ignore the garish interior patterns on the seats! :lol:

But look for the sport version damn thing flies! Probably get one for £900 these days!

I just found a great car on Auto Trader.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201908191312346?atmobcid=soc3

Download the app to find your perfect car.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.autotrader.androidconsumersearch&referrer=utm_source%3DApp%20Share

Bargain!! Nice set of alloys chav stickers and off you go!:drive1

The new Peugeot 508 interior would have you feeling at home @Umster

they pulled out all the stops B)

Old Micras are okay. The new ones not so much. Awful cars. Not a patch on the Honda Jazz

back on topic, being on YouTube seeing all these 50-60k sports cars like the alpine, supra, m2, z4. Cant help but think theres an opportunity to upset the bunch if done right.

Edited by GranTurismoEra