On the market for a 350z and the Milleage is confusing me *HELP*

UsmaanAyub

Hi everyone,

I'm on the market for a 350z and my budget is 7k, i'm slightly confused however as the price range againts milleage varies so much within the 5-7k.

generally i'm seing for £6500 you find 350z's with around 45-65k miles however i'm concerned these may have tampered milleage. (ones i'm looking at all say full service history and mot). For a 2004-2006 car i'm worried that these may be dodge,

This is my first car that i'm buying as my first car my nan gave me (1l yaris, which like a pure ricer had a full 3" straight pipe no cats, or mufflers. My god it was loud) then my second being an alfa romeo GT from my uncle which I bought, therefore it's my first time buying a car from non family.

Any advice is much appreicated. (one of the reasons i've grown a liking to this car is the exhaust note <3, sounds bloody amazing)

Thanks

Hi, alot of 350z aren't daily drivers so mileage for some can tot up real slow. MOT history online will validate mileage along with service history. 7k is a very nice budget and should land you a tidy 350z be it a low mileage DE or higher mileage HR.

IMG_20190629_100008.jpg.ef73c74a5899a094eb7afc0538b94f34.jpg

On 18/08/2019 at 23:30, davey_83 said:

Hi, alot of 350z aren't daily drivers so mileage for some can tot up real slow. MOT history online will validate mileage along with service history. 7k is a very nice budget and should land you a tidy 350z be it a low mileage DE or higher mileage HR.

Hi have a low mileage DE that could be for sale

Edited by ShortPaul

Personally don't think mileage is worth too much on a 350.

Look at paintwork dings, suspension and under body component condition - amount of surface rust or worse. Interior wear, servicing evidence (oil and filter changes), air filter condition can be an indicator. Tyres fitted will show how it's been cared for (look for cheap makes), as well as any curbing, corrosion to wheels, usuals.

If it's been kept in a garage and/or only used in fair weather most of its life then I'd snap it up as the biggest killer on these is under body corrosion.

Especially check for clunking over rough road especially on passenger side. This indicates non replaceable ball joint in compression arm is busted. Arm needs replacing. Lack of tightness and floaty handling will indicate that suspension bushes have gone. However on a £4.5-6k 12+ year old 350Z then you should replace ALL the bushes with poly in my opinion. The original rubber ones will all be knackered. Budget £2k to buy and pay for fitting of the bushes and arms. It's like night and day.

My advice from buying my car is check the rear arches for rust, try and get a good look under the car and look for a big structural brace called a W brace as they tend to rust away into nothing. Make sure the car is happily idleing and check for oil pressure and have a good feel of the brakes and clutch make sure nothing is spongey or loose.

You can use the UK government website to check MOT history (if you didnt already know) and try to talk to the owner a bit about the car.

Some people buy the 350 because its "sporty" other people buy it because they love the specific car or the japanese cars. You can normally get a feeling about how the person cared for the car by the way they talk about it, see if they are interested in it, ask them the good and bad points of owning the car. just get them to open up about anything they might have done while they owned the car and get a good clear picture.

In all honesty you could find something with 25K miles thats been thrashed every day of its life and it buggered where as you could find something over 100K thats been meticulously cared for and looked after.

My 350 looked great on paper and in person until 3 days later the slave cylinder went pop....and I found out my W brace was held together by hopes and dreams. But you know no point getting annoyed about something thats happened years ago xD.

What ever you end up buying I hope its everything you think it will be :D They are amazingly fun cars, just be prepared for the fuel bill xD.