Gauging interest

fergie1471

Just guaging interest on what the second hand market is like for the Z's atm. Iv got a new born baby so the Z isnt getting used as much as it used to so thinking of selling but the last time I tried selling my 350Z GT 313 privately it was a nightmare and ended up after months practiacally giving it away to a "we buy any car" type of place. Has anyone sold or been selling recently and had any better experiences? not cheap using the likes of autotrader when it doesnt sell too.

370Z GT roadster.  65K on the clock. £7.5K

20170412_183426.jpg

Edited by fergie1471

I have been watching the prices of these since May and most have been overpriced and have remained unsold.

Only the very nice examples with low mileage and full service history appear to be selling.

PM on its way. :thumbs:

• Like 1

You'll have more luck than most considering it's a white roadster. It's the one everyone wants however prices have dropped and there's more on auto trader atm than I've ever seen. 

I've always been told selling a 370Z is a patience game, only people who want one will seek one out. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Umster said:

You'll have more luck than most considering it's a white roadster. It's the one everyone wants however prices have dropped and there's more on auto trader atm than I've ever seen. 

I've always been told selling a 370Z is a patience game, only people who want one will seek one out. 

Yeh it was a specificly a white GT roadster i was looking for when i bought this and it was the only one in the country for sale at the time

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, teejay said:

Don't want to upset anyone but you may have picked the wrong time to sell ? will be more chance of a sale when the warmer weather is here in springtime

This is a good point and I only use my Roadster as an occasional car and the opportunity to use it in the dry/reasonable weather is becoming less and less currently. It has been in the garage on its trickle charger for over two weeks now, and I can't see that changing anytime soon. 

Congratulations on the arrival of the newborn baby.

Now with two kids 11 and 8, the Zed is about the only thing that keeps me sane.

When I'm feeling down and sorry for myself sacrificing friends and hobbies time for the daily grind, just sitting in the zed and go for a simple drive to the supermarket brings a little brightness to my day.

Maybe keep it til the warmer weather returns.

Get a better price for it then.

Or if it becomes your little oasis of calm and a sanctuary from PAR.ENT.ing, keep it, coz every dad needs AphukenbrakE :lol:

Your right but im paying 500+ for tax and 500+ for insurance in january so if it goes ill have saved then. And if i keep it until the weather gets nice I know I wont want to part with it and keep it for another summer then be in the same predicament next autumn

11 minutes ago, fergie1471 said:

Your right but im paying 500+ for tax and 500+ for insurance in january so if it goes ill have saved then. And if i keep it until the weather gets nice I know I wont want to part with it and keep it for another summer then be in the same predicament next autumn

What do we buy any car say it's worth 

?

• 2 months later...

Looks like the car is just going to be traded in. Never found anyone who wants it and seen the "dad" car I want so going this week. Its been emotional. Here are some videos of various road trips etc Iv done since owning Z's. Enjoy

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...