4 wheel alignment - quote £120

Kryptek49

Definitely check the tyre pressures if you haven't dine so since they were fitted. Garages are notorious for just pumping a load of air in, the wife had one changed and when i checked it had 48psi all the rest were around 34. 

• Sad 1

On 25/08/2019 at 19:53, G1en@waxandshine said:

Definitely check the tyre pressures if you haven't dine so since they were fitted. Garages are notorious for just pumping a load of air in, the wife had one changed and when i checked it had 48psi all the rest were around 34. 

Just checked and tyre pressures are all good - 35 all round apart from rear right which was 36.5 - which wouldn't have any effect.

Just gone back to the garage to get them to sort out the tracking again and its closed, although they told me to get here for 10 today. Looking on their Facebook page they're in Germany...

Is it fair to ask for a refund for my tracking, as it's still not sorted properly and I don't want to leave it another week so will now have to go elsewhere? 

11 minutes ago, Kryptek49 said:

Just gone back to the garage to get them to sort out the tracking again and its closed, although they told me to get here for 10 today. Looking on their Facebook page they're in Germany...

Is it fair to ask for a refund for my tracking, as it's still not sorted properly and I don't want to leave it another week so will now have to go elsewhere? 

Good luck with that.

Depends on how understanding they may be, however, you have to give them an opportunity to put things right for you, but they can not really do that until you fix/replace the snail cam bolts I am afraid.

If you fix the bolt issue then they may not charge you for a further alignment, but they are quite within their rights to do so if they so wish.

As I previously said, you have paid for a service and it was not the garages fault that the snail cam adjusters were seized.

11 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

Good luck with that.

Depends on how understanding they may be, however, you have to give them an opportunity to put things right for you, but they can not really do that until you fix/replace the snail cam bolts I am afraid.

If you fix the bolt issue then they may not charge you for a further alignment, but they are quite within their rights to do so if they so wish.

As I previously said, you have paid for a service and it was not the garages fault that the snail cam adjusters were seized.

I'm not worried about the rears currently. At the moment I have only had a front wheel alignment done, and that's all they charged me for. However they've not done something right as the steering wheel is now off centre.  If I straighten the wheel I go left.  In my eyesI have given them the opportunity to put this right by turning up today to get it fixed, however they have gone to the Nurburgring for the week (despite me booking this time-slot over the phone on the 23rd), meaning to get the wheel sorted I will have to wait another week+

Based on that do you think they should keep my money and I wait another week or more, or does it sound fair to ask for my money back to take the car elsewhere?

Thanks

If you go elsewhere then you run the risk of paying twice for the job.

If it is only the steering wheel being off that concerns you, then waiting a week to get this fixed for free sounds like the sensible way to go.

However, once you get the rear bolts fixed at a later date, the front alignment will have to be readjusted again when they are adjusting the rear.

The best way forward is to sort the bolt issues and then get a full 4 wheel geometry done and make sure that they clamp the steering wheel in a straight-ahead position.