Tanabe Medalion Touring compared to Invidia Gemini

MtJavnk

I've been all over the internet forums YT videos for weeks trying to find something that would sound similar to Nismo S-Tune exhaust for my 350Z. I narrowed it down to Tanabe Medalin Touring or Invidia Gemini. Both have great build quality, look quite stylish and inncognito. Exhaust note is different. I think Tanabe Touring comes closer to S-Tune in terms of sound similarity. So my question is as follows - is the Tanabe Touring louder or quieter compared to Invidia?

Since Tanabe is axle back but in the end costs me almost the same as Invidia I am thinking if it will really make a difference compared to Invidia. I hear Invidia is quite and some say Tanabe Touring is even quieter? Keep in mind I am not planing to go HFC. I am keeping stock cats, just looking for amplified sound of this VQ. I was solid on Invidia (no drone, nice tone INSIDE the car, but going higher RPM exhaust becomes muffled, choked if you will). There's not many clips around but from what I've heard Invidia mutes a bit of VQ V6 sound with it's X-pipe and duals that's why I think keeping stock Y-pipe and going single pipe from Y to back is the way to go.

I know it's hard to describe how an exhaust sounds and even videos don't represent their true character I would still be really grateful if you're willing share experience. Mind we don't have many 350Z's around here and I don't think even one car has Tanabe installed.

Edited by MtJavnk

i run the invidia Gemini on mine, and i'm very happy with it. stock cats

it doesn't drone at motorway speed, and doesn't annoy my neighbours when i start up first thing.

and if you drive like a granny its not to obtrusive....however when you hit the loud pedal, and the revs build overs 2.5K then it really comes alive, and the sound is epic (especially through tunnels with the roof down, mine is a roadster)

also had it on the car just over a year, and had it up on ramps last week, and it still looks like it did the day it was put on...so very happy with the build quality and fit

I will apologize in advance. Unusual questions may follow.

How much louder than stock the exhaust actually is? Is it just different frequencies?

Since not many tanabe exhaust around that would be the only way for me to get a feeling about it.

I would like to have it a bit louder than stock. Especially in the cabin. I miss the rumble around 1.000-3.000rpm. I used to own Z4 roadster and boy was it enjoyable to drive around with roof down. When you would lift the throttle exhaust would rumble ... And that is what I miss with my 350Z.

Best thing to do is to pop along to a meet to hear the different exhaust options available.

Also the TMT is available with centre and rear and would be my choice.

4 hours ago, MtJavnk said:

Since Tanabe is axle back but in the end costs me almost the same as Invidia I am thinking if it will really make a difference compared to Invidia. I hear Invidia is quite and some say Tanabe Touring is even quieter?

https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/15-6054

"Axle back" compared to Invidia's cat back. Believe me when I say there's not many 350Z's around here. Would have to leave the country.

I've been through whole youtube. I think there's no videos left :) 90% of people have Invidia Gemini. So I know what invidia sounds like. That's why I would like to get comparison between Tanabe and Invidia.