HID or Halogen Headlights

dd97

HI I have a 2003 350z, i am trying to upgrade the headlights and buy some halos. However I am unsure whether I have HID or halogen factory. 

I am told that pre 2005 is a base model with factory halogen, however when I look at my headlights they take D2R bulbs for low beam, so I am slightly confused, and I can only think of 3 possibilities:

1. Has the previous owners just upgraded the headlights but used the same wiring for factory halogen?

2. has the previous owner upgraded the entire system including wiring to HID

3. is my 350 just factory HID, in which case I am unable to find any Halo headlights that would work.

Hoping someone on here may have an idea of whats going on. and if they are HID send me some links to buy halo headlights.

cheers for reading

Edited by dd97
didnt finish

Hi, yeh I have already upgraded the h7 into LED, but my lights are very scratched up at the moment so I thought Id upgrade to something with halos or just a black housing. 

Buying an empty black housing and then putting h7 LED and D2R LED would be more expensive than buying a plug and play halo pair of headlights. 

So im leaning towards buying Halos and figuring out whether my car came factory with HID or not. But I think i might just have to buy the empty housing and switch bulbs over. 

ok thanks all, I have looked into it and they are HID. All the Halo headlights on the internet are not compatible with these. looks like I will just have to stick to getting black housing and change bulbs over.