New Z4

GranTurismoEra

Still not seen any on the road. Ive seen it in the flesh. Its quite wide. Its growing on me. The back definitely looks better than the front. The 4 pot sounds decent. Apparently the base 2 liter isnt powerful enough for some. I dont think the 40i justifies the extra 10-20k. But its much quicker. Not as quick as the Supra which some say has 370hp stock.

Im not a fan of electric steering I prefer hydraulic. What you guy think?

prices are from £30k upwards, but some ex demo Z40i with few miles are around £40,000.

At that price with all the tech hmm. Then again how many 2 seaters are selling right now lol. I see further price drops.

Looks wide , hints of lardy Merc about it? Trouble with Bmw ,mercs and vw, they tend to be Russian Doll cars scaled up or down and this one just looks cobbled together with all the styling bits from the rest?

I did see one in that Sunburnt  orange and strangley looked ok? Maybe choose the right colour?

For me it would be the Mx5 everytime. Fun and cheap, just like me!:lol:

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Spoke to one Cayman GTS owner who said the MX5 is the best sports car at the moment. I think it can only accommodate people who are 5'11 or less

They need to remove their deerstalker hats and shoes, should be fine! I am 5'11 and there seems to be enough space left? I had a Mk1 Mx5 which is teeny and was fine in that? Do a test drive.

I suppose its worth waiting for the top spec to come down a bit as in a used one. The trims are cheaper and more equipped than the rivals apart from the MX5, Fiat 124 etc.

In my opinion the MX5 is selling well for the current climate and popular due to affordability and spec (26,000) in 2017 in US and EU. (21,000) in 2018. Good figures for today

The Mercedes and Audi equivalents cost a bit more specced up. Probably less involving drive. 

I suppose 70% of people that buy would buy the 20i. Ideally the 40i is the one to go for with the b58. Apparently the 20i is lighter to make up for less power. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

I suppose its worth waiting for the top spec to come down a bit as in a used one. The trims are cheaper and more equipped than the rivals apart from the MX5, Fiat 124 etc.

In my opinion the MX5 is selling well for the current climate and popular due to affordability and spec (26,000) in 2017 in US and EU. (21,000) in 2018. Good figures for today

The Mercedes and Audi equivalents cost a bit more specced up. Probably less involving drive. 

I suppose 70% of people that buy would buy the 20i. Ideally the 40i is the one to go for with the b58. Apparently the 20i is lighter to make up for less power. 

Deffo, Mx5 for fun and top handling, but wait for the z4 to drop in price once the initial excitement dies down, if thats your kind of car.

Saw one the other month recently in Battersea, London. First impressions: its small! and NOT wide compared to the 370z Nismo I drive in white. The pain job is fantastic. styling hit and miss tbh but it looks good esp with the diamond cut alloys (which were moderately curbed already lol). not sure it will age well though. it looks great in a different way but not particular  aesthetic nor sexy nor muscular  (the side, front and back don't really match) . Best word I would use to describe styling would be sharp

IMG_20190715_134108.jpg

IMG_20190715_134035.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/08/2019 at 12:13, Umster said:

@GranTurismoEra you really do analyse every decision. These cars are for fun, keep your maths and logic for the bills.

;)

I do look forward to your next car purchase though. The videos are gonna be epic. 

Its a forum, hence the discussion! Youve got your favourite Chris Harris for that! Its not just about what to buy. Its also to get general opinions on new car models on the market some of which are unattainable for me. 

Its an automotive forum. Discussions are part and parcel of it. Sorry for being too active ill kick back from now on! 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

On 11/08/2019 at 19:22, HEADPHONES said:

Doesn't even come close to a white Nismo 370z imho.

And I'm not just saying that as a blindly loyal Zed owner.

Looks wise there's nothing really memorable or special.

Even prefer the Nismo rims, both MK1 and mk2 rims are more special.

Yeah we discussed that in the past, Nismo is a special car not without issues. The Japanese arent doing as much right now in terms of mid range performance cars so its good to keep an open mind outside of Japanese unless the good stuff like GTR, LC 500 is in range then sure. The chief designer for Nissan is occupied opening new offices and doing work on the new Juke. If nothing comes at the Tokyo motorshow I doubt therell be a new Z anytime soon. So in meantime there are other cars.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

• 3 weeks later...

From the side its not the best. But the back is good. The front isnt the best design as they tried to make it look cute with the headlights. Meanwhile the 8 series has a different headlight and grill design

I think the 40i for me would be nice. Can always get a Nismo further down the line in say 2-3 years, still got my pipes

Ill wait till end of year prices are coming down with new plate out and summer coming to an end.