Negativity/hostility towards the Z

Dudey52

Can't really say i have had much negative stuff happen. But on occasion people do try to harass me into racing, to which i just go about my business as usual as i am not into that sort of thing really.  :hypocrite: :D as others have said i do get let out more and some people move out of the way to let me through, stuff like that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, grumpyoldjanner said:

people going at 60-65mph who speed up when you go to overtake. Had people go from 60 to 80 whilst trying to overtake before! Supercharger comes in handy here when I'm feeling mischievous, doesn't take long for them to disappear from view in the mirror :wave:

This is so annoying. I usually use cruise control on the motorway at around 65 and will stay in the first lane unless I need to overtake. When someone does this to me I'll pull back in behind them and wait until the slow down again and then back into the middle lane to overtake and repeat until they stop being an idiot.

I find this usually works pretty quickly as they get bored of this game especially if you choose not to engage in their stupidity.

For me coming from a BMW 3 series (E46 coupe) I've personally found people treat you much nicer with the 350z compared to the BMW!

The only exception is the odd boy racer in an audi s3 etc trying to race you but that would be any fast-ish car tbh.

On the flip side I've had positive reactions from some super car drivers (lambo's etc) due to the nice exhaust note of the 350z (mines has a cobra cat back exhaust). 

The times I have had comments at work  with a hint of sinister undertones like 

"You must be doing alright to drive a posh car like that"

It's normally from non car people that don't realise it's a 14 yr old car worth less than the 2 yr old focus that they're driving.

Just jealousy and spite from bitter people unhappy with their own lives.

Often their faces change to a nod of impressed acceptance when I tell them it's an 05 car that's worth about £5k! :lol:

• 1 month later...
On 15/09/2019 at 17:42, Andy_Muxlow said:

Just driven all the way down to Lake Como through France and Switzerland with no issues at all. Back in the UK for an hour and 2 people trying to race us :lol:

When I got back from Como last year pulled out of Dover and first thing that happened was to have to drive the long way around 4 or 5 middle laners on an empty A road!

• Haha 1

I noticed the exact same thing. As soon as i got back on to UK soil at Folkestone, i was almost instantly greeted by endless amounts of middle-lane hoggers.

Almost constant all the way back to Bristol :angry:

Definitely doesn't seem to be as big of an issue abroad. UK drivers are AWFUL for it!

• Like 1

I find the zed is invisible at car shows and people would rather photograph a standard focus st or vw polo. Around here there seems to be no love for Jap cars. If its not a bagged Audi nobody cares. 

I usually get a lot of cars try and race me and a lot of kids shouting rev it. 

I do get a fair amount of people let me out at junctions. So can’t really complain.

On 22/09/2019 at 11:56, W8BGS said:

I find the zed is invisible at car shows and people would rather photograph a standard focus st or vw polo. Around here there seems to be no love for Jap cars. If its not a bagged Audi nobody cares. 

I usually get a lot of cars try and race me and a lot of kids shouting rev it. 

I do get a fair amount of people let me out at junctions. So can’t really complain.

The racing thing is boy racers, there will always be folks like that - there's a place to race and that's at the track, other people use the roads too. Happy to rev the zed to entertain though, gives them something to work towards (and it sounds great with the custom exhaust). :thumbs: