Shocks and springs recommendations?

Rikz2004

Hi all,

There's currently an ebay 20% off promo which has got me itching to upgrade the handling on my 350z roadster. It's a 2006 and has done 60k miles.

So my 1st question is how long do the stock shock absorbers last? Is it likely that they will be underperforming?

My 2nd question relates to which mod is the most worthwhile to do with costs being considered. I'm debating with leaving springs and shocks alone and getting an uprated arb kit (whiteline maybe?), or leaving the arbs alone and getting bilstein b6 shocks and possibly tein s springs.

My use is spirited Road driving, no track driving and it's a weekend car. I don't want to compromise things like scraping over speed bumps etc so don't really want to go any lower than the tein s springs.

Thoughts?

9 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

What have you bought B)

I ended up buying bilstein b6 shocks. Planning to also get some tein s springs to go with them. Hopefully both combined should give me a fairly decent upgrade compared to the oem stuff that's 13 years and 60k miles old! Any recommendations for other things to change whilst having the suspension out? Top mounts etc? 

3 hours ago, Rikz2004 said:

I ended up buying bilstein b6 shocks. Planning to also get some tein s springs to go with them. Hopefully both combined should give me a fairly decent upgrade compared to the oem stuff that's 13 years and 60k miles old! Any recommendations for other things to change whilst having the suspension out? Top mounts etc? 

https://www.eibachshop.co.uk/eibach-antiroll-bar-kit-25mm-front-e40850050110_p31222355.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgdGm4JDk4wIVUUTTCh2H3Q44EAQYAyABEgLMa_D_BwE#.XUQlDbfTVkw

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

I'll probably see how it goes with the current plan before purchasing more mods :lol:

I have had an eye on uprated ARB's but I think the shocks and springs will make a bigger difference so going with those first. 

I meant things like top mounts and any bushes that would be easy to replace whilst the suspension is being replaced! :)

18 hours ago, Rikz2004 said:

I'll probably see how it goes with the current plan before purchasing more mods :lol:

I have had an eye on uprated ARB's but I think the shocks and springs will make a bigger difference so going with those first. 

I meant things like top mounts and any bushes that would be easy to replace whilst the suspension is being replaced! :)

Not to sure about top mounts buddy but good luck with it