Found out something interesting today

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

My car is currently in having a roof spoiler paint matched and fitted and they are also repainting the brake calipers. The calipers were painted last year by another company. However I had some pics sent to me today as the company repainting them discovered that they had only painted the front facing side. The new company I am using reckoned they probably never bothered taking them off the car and just sprayed them in situ. Here are a couple of pics so you can see what I mean. 

Caliper_1.jpg

Caliper_2.jpg

God not to sound rude but they look a mess as they are hope you didn't pay to much first time around, mad to think theres Co out there turning out work like that..!! :ohmy:

Iam sure the Co doing them now will look a lot lot better..!! :thumbs:

I had a similar experience a few yr back  with me Rays alloys that I have fitted now but to be far the one man Co but he was very reasonable :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, The Big Miester said:

God not to sound rude but they look a mess as they are hope you didn't pay to much first time around, mad to think theres Co out there turning out work like that..!! :ohmy:

Iam sure the Co doing them now will look a lot lot better..!! :thumbs:

I had a similar experience a few yr back  with me Rays alloys that I have fitted now but to be far the one man Co but he was very reasonable :rolleyes: 

The new company have sent me a pic of one they have already done.

Caliper_3.jpg

4 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

New ones look great! Name and shame the old company? That way others can avoid.

The company who painted the calipers previously is called Auto Refurbs based in Crewkerne, Somerset. 

Probably not a company any of you guys would use anyway. They were just local for me and on facebook they had a 4.8 out of 5 rating, so I thought they would do a good job. You live and learn.

New ones looks great, old ones look like they were done during a playgroup activity. Had my Nismo 370z ones painted gold by RT Performance who did a great job as per normal.