Goodwood festival 2020

Irn Bru

Always wanted to do this event and toying with the plan of doing it next year. Any members been and can give their experience of it ?

Travelling down from Scotland so would be looking to turn it into a 4 / 5 day road trip with other members if they fancy it and having 2 days at the festival and the rest taking in the sites and roads of England getting there using as little motorways as possible.

I presume you mean Festival of Speed Bri? 

I did the whole stay over with some mates who travelled down from Middlesbrough - they had a combo of tents and a motorhome. Also had a pop up cover to stand under at night with the BBQ! They had a great time and over the course of a few days there is plenty to see, it takes a good few days to walk around everything. 

Do bear in mind its weather impacted, I went on the Sunday this year and it threw it down all day which made for a bit of an anti-climax, the cars cant drive up the hill that quickly, and the schedules get changed/cancelled. But if you are there for 4 days then you will I am sure get at least a few days good weather, you would be unlucky in July to have rain each day!

Aye indeed mate, was looking to try incorporate the Yorkshire Dale's on the route down as I've read good things about them. Appreciate there will have to be a fair bit of motorway on route but if planned properly could probably take in some of the best English countryside routes

9 hours ago, Irn Bru said:

Aye indeed mate, was looking to try incorporate the Yorkshire Dales on the route down as I've read good things about them.

Yorkshire Dales is a good shout. Over the last few years I've followed the routes of the Yorkshire rivers, Swale, Ure, Nidd and Wharfe from their source to the Ouse. The road alongside the upper reaches of the Wharfe is particularly nice and an overnight stay somewhere around Grassington, Bolton Abbey or Burnsall is very relaxing. If you've never been, and depending on which side of the Scottish borders you are, you could also include a drive through the lake district which is lovely. You could then continue to Goodwood via the M6 or M1.

Edited by ATTAK Z
  • Like 1

Goodwood festival of speed probably the best car event I have been to. Even better than lemans 24hrs in my opinion.

Alot to see and many cars from all era's, including seriously exotic stuff like Koenigsegg's, Ferrari FXXK programme and Aston Vulcan just to name a few. All in motion blasting up hill the hill etc. :drive1

Alot of walking to make the most of it, would say 2 days is enough to get through it all. 

Completely recommend FOS to anyone with a minimum fuel:blood ratio of more than 1:100:drive1

Edited by monkeybrain1234
  • Like 1

Great day out to view the latest and greatest cars available + a few classics.

The hill climb is more for show rather than a proper competition but its still good to see all the cars in motion.

One of those events that you've got to go do at least once

• Like 1

I went last year. Weather was gorgeous and the show was amazing. We had complimentary pavilion tickets, and got a selfie with Chris Harris, which made my day! 

Cars, food, weather and motoring royalty everywhere you look. Every petrolhead needs to go imo. Proper family day/weekend out.

Do it!

• Like 1