New radio fitted, radio reception.

mr v6

Hi all,

Today I fitted a Pioneer bluetooth single DIN I removed from my old car, I fitted it in the Z using the correct cables from Incartec to go with the old BOSE set up, works fine with SD card etc, the only issue seems to be the radio reception is pretty much non existent. It'll pick up radio 1 in a round about way, but no other stations. There's no RDS data either.. The standard aerial cable slotted straight into the short Pioneer extension cable on the back of the unit..

Am I missing a trick here? Is there some sort of Jap connector to the rest of the world I'm missing??

PS: An upgrade to double DIN will happen at some point.

Just double checked my manual (it's 2 years since I installed my stereo) and yes, it looks like there's a separate feed to switch the antenna amplifier on. So that either needs to be connected to the blue wire you've currently got, or your stereo might have another one that only gets power when you use the radio.

Here's as much help as the workshop manual is figuring out where it needs to connect to:

Original stereo connections

y4m4KlmHEeuD5P2rxB_s0Gkj9I1U3q92zmqPyLhB

And then it's here on the plugs... I think that's actually the biggest one

y4m7bo7W4tSNSLnU5vOBcaEGUUTB5ITdLxgqE0jN

• Like 1

Thanks Ben,

After more Googling too, I've removed the console & found another blue wire on the new harness which was cable tied to it, so I missed it. Looks like I've just plugged the amp into my Pioneer harness. It has a piggy back blue wire which I stripped along with the one on the new harness, crimped a bullet connector on each on & hey presto, full signal & RDS data.

Just for those who are searching in the near future, it's an easy thing to miss & confuse you a little, it did me anyhow.