I need some expert help

Zulu37Oscar

I am in the middle of fitting an air to air stillen supercharger kit to my 370z, there are no instructions for the air to air upgrade, so I have got as far as the instructions for the water kit go, I can finish off the intercooler fitting etc, but there are some other pipes that are not shown and I do not know where they go.

Trying to get advice from pro fitters is obviously not working as they don't want to give out advice.

Is there anyone out there that's got experience of fitting one of these can can just give me 10 minutes to tell me where things go, I'm at my wits end looking around the internet trying to get somewhere!

I am based near Andover UK, anyone help me please

2 hours ago, Zulu37Oscar said:

I am in the middle of fitting an air to air stillen supercharger kit to my 370z, there are no instructions for the air to air upgrade, so I have got as far as the instructions for the water kit go, I can finish off the intercooler fitting etc, but there are some other pipes that are not shown and I do not know where they go.

Trying to get advice from pro fitters is obviously not working as they don't want to give out advice.

Is there anyone out there that's got experience of fitting one of these can can just give me 10 minutes to tell me where things go, I'm at my wits end looking around the internet trying to get somewhere!

I am based near Andover UK, anyone help me please

They have to make a living like everyone else......... And to be fair they all give lots of free, helpful information. Like don't do big jobs on your car if you aren't sure what you're doing ;) Sorry couldn't resist...

In all seriousness @nissanman312 does have the same kit on his car, he had some pro help with his install though.... ;)

Good luck, it's worth it in the end. PS. Get the tune done by a pro and make sure you have all the correct ancillary mods to the fuel and lubrication system.

On 19/07/2019 at 13:50, Sim said:

They have to make a living like everyone else......... And to be fair they all give lots of free, helpful information. Like don't do big jobs on your car if you aren't sure what you're doing ;) Sorry couldn't resist...

In all seriousness @nissanman312 does have the same kit on his car, he had some pro help with his install though.... ;)

Good luck, it's worth it in the end. PS. Get the tune done by a pro and make sure you have all the correct ancillary mods to the fuel and lubrication system.

Well I;m 90% through the fitting, there are just areas not in the instructions I would like some advice to check before i do it (possibly wrong)

Telling me not to take on big jobs if your not sure what your doing is just being big headed and not needed saying imo, no one can know everything about everything, and only doing jobs you know how to do will make you learn nothing. A project is a project and the learning process is a big part of it for me.

Appreciate tagging nissanman though, many thanks. hopefully when he sees this he will be able to spare a few mins for me.

Edited by Zulu37Oscar
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/07/2019 at 14:27, Zulu37Oscar said:

Well I;m 90% through the fitting, there are just areas not in the instructions I would like some advice to check before i do it (possibly wrong)

Telling me not to take on big jobs if your not sure what your doing is just being big headed and not needed saying imo, no one can know everything about everything, and only doing jobs you know how to do will make you learn nothing. A project is a project and the learning process is a big part of it for me.

Appreciate tagging nissanman though, many thanks. hopefully when he sees this he will be able to spare a few mins for me.

Sorry, no offence was intended and I was definitely not being big headed, I didn't do mine, Abbey Motorsports did it as it's way beyond me and a blown motor is not something I'd want.

I'm all for having a go on jobs, I took me nearly all last saturday to fix the plumbing on our kitchen sink and I ended up putting local isolators in as well as new drain/overflow etc as it was minging, and I got the new mixer tap on as well, all probably could have been done is a couple of hours by a professional but a little bit of water downstairs if I has messed it up is way cheaper to fix than an engine.

Hopefully @nissanman312 has sent you some pictures by now showing the info you need. As I said, it will be great when it's done :)

• Like 2