What should they bring back?

coldel

20 minutes ago, shaunRS said:

Fiesta RS

I so wanted one of these but I couldn't afford the insurance on it(26 years ago now) and I ended up in a XR4X4 instead...but it was the Fiesta RS that I really wanted though. B)

On 21/07/2019 at 16:40, Lee370Z said:

I so wanted one of these but I couldn't afford the insurance on it(26 years ago now) and I ended up in a XR4X4 instead...but it was the Fiesta RS that I really wanted though. B)

The demand is there for them to bring one out. Think the problem is that it will have a massive effect on focus RS sales and they can't be allowing that.

11 hours ago, shaunRS said:

The demand is there for them to bring one out. Think the problem is that it will have a massive effect on focus RS sales and they can't be allowing that.

I had a go in a Fiesta ST the other day and it was definitely quick enough, dont see the need for a 300hp RS version TBH

Austin Allegro :thumbs:

Then all new drives should be forced to use it for 3 months - crashes would be reduced and they would realise that whatever they drive now is better than what we had when we started :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 23/07/2019 at 21:50, Andy_Muxlow said:

Vauxhall have bought the Viva back but it has gone from a large family car to a small rollerskate! :lol:

Don't think the Viva could ever have been called a "large" family car.

bring back large Vauxhalls like the Cresta  PB and PC and the Ventura

Edited by Paul K

Renault 5 GT Turbo. Had one in 1990 and loved it. Saw one unmolested at a car show a few weeks ago. Guy had it insured for £18k. Mine was red with red carpets. Went like poo off a shovel. So much fun.:)

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Payco said:

Renault 5 GT Turbo. Had one in 1990 and loved it. Saw one unmolested at a car show a few weeks ago. Guy had it insured for £18k. Mine was red with red carpets. Went like poo off a shovel. So much fun.:)

I still have my original one from "back in the day"....

20181222_151628.jpg.8266f02f86d73fb1e32c786966419d6d.jpg

Fortunately I never ever saw the point of the whole "Max Power" thing, so spent a fortune on performance modifications rather than mad bodykits. I will get it back on the road again one day....  

• Like 6

6 hours ago, rabbitstew said:

Fortunately I never ever saw the point of the whole "Max Power" thing, so spent a fortune on performance modifications rather than mad bodykits. I will get it back on the road again one day....  

:throb:

21 hours ago, rabbitstew said:

oh my lord. Love it. Brings back so many memories. Only down side was the outer door skins were like tin cans. Would so love to still have mine. I'm green with envy. What happened to the original rims ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Payco said:

oh my lord. Love it. Brings back so many memories. Only down side was the outer door skins were like tin cans. Would so love to still have mine. I'm green with envy. What happened to the original rims ?

Yep, indeed, the bodywork is so thin you dent it polishing it. I did spend some time back in 2013 cutting out rotten sills/bumper mounts and welding in new stuff, and the metal was so thin it was silly. But that's why they were so quick, they weighed nothing!  With the wheels, I needed new tyres for the original speedlines and because they were a strange size (195, 55x13), they weren't cheap, so it worked out cheaper for me to buy a 2nd hand set of TSW alloys with decent tyres instead. This was back in 1998(ish). :lol:  You can still pick up the original wheels cheap enough, so I may get a set at some point, if I ever get the spare time to work on it!

• Like 1

So many fond memories. Cooling fans used to stay on for ages after a run out. Had some bonnet louvres cut into mine but didn't make any difference. Mine was red with black seats, red inserts and red carpets. The turbo kicking in always brought an instant smile to my face. Wouldn't want a side impact crash in one though. Keep her forever mate.:thumbs:  Reg was F265 DKL. Sadly I remember all my previous car registrations.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Flashback said:

Everything is a modern day something. :teeth:

Not everything! I've always wanted a Humber Super Snipe. There not too expensive but I couldn't afford to run one as a daily.

Would love to see Jag bring back some of these classic lines. But saying that a Jag reproduction might be as unreliable as the original... 

Humber Super Snipe Series IV front.jpg

• Like 1