Location of alarm/central locking receiver for testing/replacement?

letsgotopless

Its been a while since I posted on here as have been living abroad without my Z. 2005 uk manual soft top.

Since returning in May, car been running fine until a few days ago when central locking started playing up. Key fob would only unlock/lock at very close range all of a sudden but once working it would perform from over 40 ft away with no problem so ruled out the suspected low battery. It sounded like the door locks were struggling to operate so checked and all lubricated ok and car battery good by the way.

Some hours later, the same difficulty in getting system to lock/unlock but did eventually at close range and all ok immediately after as before. 

However an hour later nothing would function and after dozens of attempts over last couple of days it seems its finally packed up. I did the reprogramming routine with new batteries in 2 fobs dozens of times to no avail (this part of routine would not occur :7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming).  I have easily done it in the past so think its a fault in the receiver unit in the car.  There don"t seem to be any fuses relating to this from the two fuse boxes.

My question is where is the receiver unit does anyone know and is it easy to replace?   I imagine a new part from nissan is costly and would try for one from a breakers after checking that mine is not repairable.

11 minutes ago, letsgotopless said:

Its been a while since I posted on here as have been living abroad without my Z. 2005 uk manual soft top.

Since returning in May, car been running fine until a few days ago when central locking started playing up. Key fob would only unlock/lock at very close range all of a sudden but once working it would perform from over 40 ft away with no problem so ruled out the suspected low battery. It sounded like the door locks were struggling to operate so checked and all lubricated ok and car battery good by the way.

Some hours later, the same difficulty in getting system to lock/unlock but did eventually at close range and all ok immediately after as before. 

However an hour later nothing would function and after dozens of attempts over last couple of days it seems its finally packed up. I did the reprogramming routine with new batteries in 2 fobs dozens of times to no avail (this part of routine would not occur :7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming).  I have easily done it in the past so think its a fault in the receiver unit in the car.  There don"t seem to be any fuses relating to this from the two fuse boxes.

My question is where is the receiver unit does anyone know and is it easy to replace?   I imagine a new part from nissan is costly and would try for one from a breakers after checking that mine is not repairable.

Hi mate :pmzmanalex:

• Thanks 1

PM received and replied to:

I have sent you a copy of the workshop manual electrical section for your application.

This extract part may help you trace your issue but best used in conjunction with the link that I sent you by pm.

System Description AIS000CL INPUTS Power is supplied at all times ● through 40A fusible link (letter F , located in the fuse and fusible link box) ● to BCM terminal 55, ● through 10A fuse [No.18, located in the fuse block (J/B)] ● to BCM terminal 42, ● through 10A fuse [No. 21, located in the fuse block (J/B)] ● to key switch terminal 2. When the ignition switch is ON or START position, power is supplied ● through 10A fuse [No.1, located in the fuse block (J/B)] ● to BCM terminal 38. When the ignition switch is ACC or ON position, power is supplied ● through 10A fuse [No. 6, located in the fuse block (J/B)] ● to BCM terminal 11. Ground is supplied ● to BCM terminal 52 ● through body grounds M30 and M66. When the driver side door switch is ON (door is OPEN), ground is supplied ● to BCM terminal 62 ● through driver side door switch terminal 1 and ● through driver door switch case ground. When the passenger side door switch is ON (door is OPEN), ground is supplied ● to BCM terminal 12 ● through passenger side door switch terminal 1 and ● through passenger side door switch case ground. When the back door switch (For coupe models) is ON (door is OPEN), ground is supplied ● to BCM terminal 58 ● through the back door switch terminals 1 and 3 and ● through body grounds B5, B6, D105 and T14. When the trunk room lamp switch (For roadster models) is ON (trunk is OPEN), ground is supplied ● to BCM terminal 57 ● through the trunk room lamp switch terminals 1 and 2 and ● through body grounds B5,B6 and T14. When the key switch is ON (key is inserted in ignition key cylinder), power is supplied ● through key switch terminal 1 ● to BCM terminal 37. Key fob signal is inputted to remote keyless entry receiver (the antenna of the system is built in remote keyless entry receiver). Remote keyless entry receiver sends keyfob signal ● to BCM terminal 20 ● from remote keyless entry receiver terminal 2. The remote keyless entry system controls operation of the ● power door lock ● hazard and horn reminder ● auto door lock ● interior lamp and step lamp ● panic alarm ● back door opener (For coupe)

• Thanks 1