2005 Y-pipe? Rear strengthening bar?

skidder

Evening everyone,

I've got my MOT due next month and looking for a couple of bits if possible please?

I have a blow on the front y-pipe exhaust on my 2005 GT4.

Also I was looking for a 'rear chassis strengthening bar' (states corroded on last mot)

Cheers

P.s. Im in Bournemouth if that helps..

I would speak to @ZMANALEX he helped me out with en exhaust before and has helped tons of other members. The rear chassis strengthening bar is also known as a W brace and you can find a bunch of after market alternatives to the OEM one that other members will say do the job just as well and dont cost as much :).

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you're doing the brace, and if it's seriously corroded the support brackets will be a total mess as well. And yes, these will get picked up on an MOT too.

I did my W brace and these 2 at the same time:

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/suspension-steering/braces/8806-350z-nissan-oem-rear-suspension-member-stay-bracket-right-55451-cd001.html?search_query=350z+brace&results=45

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/suspension-steering/braces/8863-350z-nissan-oem-rear-suspension-member-stay-bracket-left-55452-cd001.html?search_query=350z+brace&results=45

48289935912_32043f36d7_c.jpg

48289829396_dae2995b16_c.jpg

48289935642_ff4dc0e626_c.jpg

48289829151_6018acc052_c.jpg

:lol:

Although if you're selling up, it's an added cost for sure ! (worth poking your head underneath quickly to see the state of them)

• Like 1