Connecting Bose Subwoofer

fr06jap

Just got my first Z, a 2015 370z Nismo and loving it.

As I'm new to the Z, this is likely a dumb question, but here goes.

It's got the Bose Audi system with Satnav etc., but it didn't have the Bose Subwoofer in the boot that goes in the spare wheel space, so I thought I'd go and buy one to add to the system, but having got it I find that the connector on the existing wiring in the boot does not fit the connector on the Subwoofer. So, I could do with some guidance on what else I need to connect this up?

ConnectorInBoot.jpg

SubWoofer Connector.jpg

SubWoofer.jpg

Edited by fr06jap

Looks like the right connection to me. There is no adapter on the stock setup, it all plugs together. 

Though looking at the photos I can see they won't fit together. Not sure what's happening there but if you can upload more photos and trace the wiring back to the amp then maybe I could help. 

Can't lie, I think you're better off without the stock subwoofer but if you've got it then go for it. 

The subwoofer I have is model 28170 1BM0A, I've been googling around and discovered that there are different models (should have checked that before I guess!), e.g. model 28170 1ET0A, model 28170 5AA0A and model 28170 3WS0A, which are all identified as coming from 370z's and they all seem to have slightly different connectors.  So at this point now, I assuming I have bought the wrong one to fit my model.

Oh shoooot! That's just silly from Nissan. I guess you could put a post in the wanted section and the swap shop? 

I'm sure the guys who have turned their cars into track machines should have some lying around. 

Though, if you can afford to, maybe ditch the stock setup? I've dismantled mine and put the subwoofer behind my seats to keep my boot space. I know a few guys have done something similar. All the deets are in the build threads.