Honda EV Top Gear review

stanski

You should have just revived my thread from page 2. 125 Mile range im not so sure. I think the final price is yet to be decided. Cant see it being cheap though...Apparently theres been 25,000 registered interest in EU. 6000 in UK. Hopefully it does well so they can give us the EV Coupe

2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

You should have just revived my thread from page 2. 125 Mile range im not so sure. I think the final price is yet to be decided. Cant see it being cheap though...Apparently theres been 25,000 registered interest in EU. 6000 in UK. Hopefully it does well so they can give us the EV Coupe

Oh sorry mate didn't see the thread.

Lets see what happens but like all these cars if they want mass uptake, battery range and cost. Electric cars are stupid expensive. Its going to be a 2 tier job where only the well off can afford them? What about everyone else? 

I just want a nice cheap retro fit kit to stick in my beetle and camper and they are between £4k and £7k for basically a washing machine motor and a couple of lead acid milk float batteries :bangin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Is that similar to the Honda Civic project that was done on youtube few months ago. Adding electric hubs to the rear wheels

Oh I dont know about that one but I am a lifelong aircooled vw fan so its easier because you drop the motor fit the electric one in its place (motor fitted to mounting plate to match original engine location (4 bolts)) , fit battery in place of the petrol tank.  

These guys charge a fortune!!

https://www.electricclassiccars.co.uk/

• Like 1

its a nice idea i saw something advertised online about this. But aside from the maintenance of a petrol engine with carburettors wouldnt you want to keep the original character of the car. The noise, the smell, the smoke? 

This may be the only way to keep your classics futureproof  i guess.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

its a nice idea i saw something advertised online about this. But aside from the maintenance of a petrol engine with carburettors wouldnt you want to keep the original character of the car. The noise, the smell, the smoke? 

This may be the only way to keep your classics futureproof  i guess.

Deffo my argument you cant keep a classic van and beetle unless it drips oil everywhere and that noise is part of its appeal. Plus its the only engine I litterally know inside out and can fix at the side of the road.

I would only do a conversation once I had drunk up all the petrol with the Mustang and you have no choice but use PP3 batteries.:lol:

with 6000 people pre ordering I wonder if theyll give the greenlight and make the coupe slightly more powerful with at least 200 mile range. It might send the price up.

There are rumours the price will be £32000. Its a bit steep for this. When you look at the alternatives

Id be interested in a 4 seater 2 door coupe version with 200 mile range.

Edited by GranTurismoEra