New arrival *update!*

Ekona

Already planning to chop the ‘5 in for a nice E90 330/325, so still a vaguely decent car! :lol: 

Cheers chaps, much appreciated :) It’s going to be an interesting time as I’m not with the mother any more, but I’m still planning on being the best dad I can be even if it wasn’t planned in the slightest. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Cheers chaps, much appreciated :) It’s going to be an interesting time as I’m not with the mother any more, but I’m still planning on being the best dad I can be even if it wasn’t planned in the slightest. 

Congratulations!!! :thumbs:

Ah, in that case you may be okay then. To some degree I envy the guys who are no longer with the mother of their kid/s. They seem to have the best of both worlds to some degree - some weekends free to do whatever they want, time to do what they want in the week, actually get some sleep at nights, have more spare money etc. On the other hand I also feel sorry for them in that so many of the joys of watching your kid/s grow up happen during normal every day moments etc. But in this day & age with camera phones, those sorts of moments can easily be captured and sent to the Dad / Mum / in laws / family etc. 

Either way, as others said, your life will change more than you can possibly imagine from November. In good ways and bad. The first year I found is the hardest, with constant lack of sleep, hospital emergencies, constantly having to keeping an eye on the little one. Being unable to go anywhere without the baby, even having to totally change your house to make it baby proof! Every moment of your waking day seems to be either working or changing nappies. Your whole life seems to be put on hold for ages. But once they get older they become more fun and kinda cool. (except when they throw tantrums - It took me 30 mins of "negotiation" with my 3 year old to get him in my car, drive to nursery, then get him out of my car and into nursery. Total nightmare, but its very much like negotiating with a terrorist- you have to keep your cool, and cant loose your temper!)

• Like 1

I had a VX220 when Alfie was born ;) he loved it!

But yes don’t panic buy a massive SUV you will not need it, babies don’t need all the crap these modern magazines/books/websites tell you you should buy :teeth:

49 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Also I’m very open to donations of baby stuff you don’t need anymore folks :lol: 

Not sure how much control you will have on the spending as my wife went mental and bought like 5 different prams - one for each day of the week, but I would strongly advise to buy everything 2nd hand - except the car seat. They grow so quickly and this stuff costs more than car modding. Facebook market place is great for bargains etc.  Cots, furniture, clothes, toys, ISO easyfix bases for your car, even prams, travel cots, you name it. Get it all 2nd hand. Then when you come to sell it on, you`ll get your money back. Or if they are destroyed thru mega sick, mega poo & stuff then you dont feel as bad chucking it.

• Like 2

^^ as above, plenty of good deals bargain on your local Facebook market place if you use Facebook, or if don't use Facebook, Shpock is the other good one. 

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 1

As above buy everything used you will be gutted otherwise when your £600 pram gets bartered and vomited in and it’s worth £50 6 months later...will have a dig around in the loft for stuff but am over in  Surrey mate

Well done Dan - one of my sons has a daughter (now 13) and he and her mother split when the child was very young. It really is the best of both worlds provided you keep on good terms with the ex so you must work hard on that as I'm sure you will - I wish you and yours all the best for the future :)

• Like 1